+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA EXEMPT WORK PERMIT EXTENSION

dimpb11

Jan 4, 2018
Can someone help, we have applied for WP extension before it was expiring. My wife may get a job however we are on implied status. Can she join a new job while on implied status (SIN expired)

fadimueed

Jul 16, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to apply for the LMIA Exempt Work Permit but my employer is stuck since one month understanding how to do it.

I have my PR Application Quebec Skilled Worker in process,
Have CSQ ,
and my Post Grad Work Permit expired was exbpiring on 24th June 2018.

The Problem was that its been one month i have asked my Employer to help me get the Employee Reference Number ( after Paying Compliance fee & Submitting Offer Letter ) to the IRCC website.
He's saying that he's stuck and waiting for OINP Number from Government Technical Support.
I am confused that do my employer need the OINP Ontario Imigration Nominee Program number for me ?
I live in Quebec work here in Montreal for General Electric as Consultant,
but Employer is from Ontario.

I have applied for the Work Permit extension LMIA Exempt before expiry of my work permit so i get into Implied Status.
i will update once i will have the Employee Reference Number.

Please help

adel23

May 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to apply for the LMIA Exempt Work Permit but my employer is stuck since one month understanding how to do it.

I have my PR Application Quebec Skilled Worker in process,
Have CSQ ,
and my Post Grad Work Permit expired was exbpiring on 24th June 2018.

The Problem was that its been one month i have asked my Employer to help me get the Employee Reference Number ( after Paying Compliance fee & Submitting Offer Letter ) to the IRCC website.
He's saying that he's stuck and waiting for OINP Number from Government Technical Support.
I am confused that do my employer need the OINP Ontario Imigration Nominee Program number for me ?
I live in Quebec work here in Montreal for General Electric as Consultant,
but Employer is from Ontario.

I have applied for the Work Permit extension LMIA Exempt before expiry of my work permit so i get into Implied Status.
i will update once i will have the Employee Reference Number.

Please help
Hello, so what happened ? I’m in similar situation

Aryan2209

Sep 23, 2019
Hi Pretty_girl, is the above info relevant if I need to amend a work permit application that I've already submitted? I'll explain why I think I need to do that:

On August 31st my Post Graduate Work Permit expired, so on August 21st I applied for an extension of my PGWP on paper using form IMM5710E. I knew I wasn't eligible for an extension, but I applied anyway just so that I could stay and continue working in the hope that I would eventually get an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

And I got the ITA on Friday the 13th! I submitted my PR application on Saturday the 14th. My PGWP extension hasn't been denied (yet) so I am still on implied status. My priority is to keep working until I get PR and my hope is that I can amend my PGWP extension application and turn it into a Bridging Open Work Permit application, since I'm eligible for one of those now.

Today I called an immigration lawyer to ask if amending an application is possible and he said yes! He also said that it is very easy and recommended that I do it myself (his firm would charge $1,000). The only thing is that I can't find any instructions anywhere! You seem to be the real expert here - do you know anything about how I could do this? I'm petrified that I'll make the wrong move and find myself unable to work until I can get PR or restore my status. Thank you thank you thank you for your advice on this thread!
Hi I am in the exact same situation Applied on paper just to buy some time. What was the outcome of your application? We’re you able to ammend the PGWP to BOWP application? Was it approved? Please reply. Thank you or email the reply on swathir226@gmail.com. Thank you.

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding IMM 5710.

My situation is the following. I got the OINP nomination certificate (Employer job offer foreign worker stream) and letter of support for Temporary work permit from OINP. The nomination has employer restriction .Right now i am working in Canada with closed work permit ( specific employer) which is going to expire on may 2021. I am going to apply a new work permit for where i got nominations from .( Note : my current employer is not supporting for OINP ) My OINP employer is different from my current employer .

I am trying to fill out the IMM 5710 form in order to get work permit .

I am sure WP I should choose is not 'open work permit' since it has employer restriction on the nomination certificate. And also I believe it seems not bridging WP.

My questions are the following:

On page 3 and question 1 under the section"Detail of intended work in Canada": What kind of work permit are you applying for?

Should I choose "Exemption from LMIA" or "Other"?

If I choose Exemption from LMIA in the end its asking LMIA number then i can’t validate the form

- If I choose "Other," what should I explain?

- On the same and question 5, what should I put under "Duration of expected employment": From ~ To ?
"From" is I believe from the end of my current Closed work permit , but I do not know until when for "To" start .

Thank you so much for a help .

gami

Feb 13, 2020
First of all congrats for your PNP approval.

here is the answers to your questions:

1. Yes, your work permit is under LMIA exempt category.
2. It will be "work permit with the same employer".

When is your current work permit expiring?

You may already know that you will get a close work permit unless you have applied for PR application and received AOR.
Hi everyone,

I have a question for you guys.

I'm a provincial nominee through the Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program - Foreign Worker Stream and my currently status is Student with work permit that permit work only 20 hours per week (valid until Jan, 2023). I have applied for my work permit under LMIA exempt category.

For the first question that say: I am applying for: "A work permit with the same employer" or "work permit with a new employer"

I choose "work permit with a new employer" because I had already worked at the company and would only come back to work after my nominee, so I chose this option, I would like to know if it is right?

I applied in Nov 2020 and it's been 4 and a half months and I haven't received any response, I'm afraid if I did something wrong in my application.

I also applied for my PR in paper base in December 2020 and have not yet received my AOR, does this have anything to do with it? Do they really need this information to look at my WP application?

I am asking because the Support Letter is valid for 6 months and will expire soon, and the AOR is taking more than six months to arrive.

What should I do?

Please someone can help me?

Thank you