+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA exempt job offer

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am about to complete one year working with the same employer under open work permit and I ll be creating my profile to apply under CEC

I read at the following link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

Does this mean my employer does not need an LMIA to support a job offer. I know its a long shot but does that entitle me for 200 additional points under the express entry system.

Thanks
You don’t have a LMIA exempt work permit so no.

1. you have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under:
    • an international agreement
    • a federal-provincial agreement
    • the “Canadian interests” category

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am about to complete one year working with the same employer under open work permit and I ll be creating my profile to apply under CEC

I read at the following link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

Does this mean my employer does not need an LMIA to support a job offer. I know its a long shot but does that entitle me for 200 additional points under the express entry system.

Thanks
Unfortunately this rule only applied to LMIA-exempt closed work permits where the employer is named in the work permit (e.g., ICT). Since you are on an open work permit, the employer must obtain an approved LMIA in order for you to claim job offer points under Express Entry.

weissik23

Oct 22, 2021
That brings my question, because If I understand correctly…
I still have valid LMIA for another 5 months, but my job offer is already older than 1 year, so am I entitled for those additional 50 points, if my present employer issues new job offer without LMIA? (That’s what I understood)

Jun 22, 2022
"Has xxxxxx been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)"

Can I answer "Yes" for this question 1 month before completing 1 year. As if I receive ITA, by the time I respond I would have completed 1 year. But this way I would not miss any draw which are coming soon?