+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA exempt Job Offer

movetocanada5634

Mar 3, 2015
Does anyone know what the processing times are from when an employer submits a job offer exempt from LMIA in the Employer Portal to when it is approved and the work permit can be applied for?

I'm applying for a SOWP and it says on the website that I will still need a valid job offer due to Covid restrictions, I have a job offer in Canada from my current employer so it will be an internal transfer. I have the job offer letter from the employer, but I'm worried this isn't enough to apply for the work permit? Do they have to submit this job offer to make sure it's LMIA exempt? If so, I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for them to process as I need to arrive in the next 4 weeks.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Does anyone know what the processing times are from when an employer submits a job offer exempt from LMIA in the Employer Portal to when it is approved and the work permit can be applied for?

I'm applying for a SOWP and it says on the website that I will still need a valid job offer due to Covid restrictions, I have a job offer in Canada from my current employer so it will be an internal transfer. I have the job offer letter from the employer, but I'm worried this isn't enough to apply for the work permit? Do they have to submit this job offer to make sure it's LMIA exempt? If so, I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for them to process as I need to arrive in the next 4 weeks.
Once employer submit an offer of employment, emplyment number is generated automatically. The offer of employment number is a 7-digit number, starting with the letter “A". Usually they will send you on the same day when employer submit your case

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Ok great thanks!
Your employer will send you a form to fill your basic information. They will also need your birth certificate and passport information page.

After they send you employment number, then employer part is finished and then its your turn to proceed with work permit application. Let me know after you get employment number and if you need further asistance in work permit application submission at IRCC Gckey.

movetocanada5634

Mar 3, 2015
Your employer will send you a form to fill your basic information. They will also need your birth certificate and passport information page.

After they send you employment number, then employer part is finished and then its your turn to proceed with work permit application. Let me know after you get employment number and if you need further asistance in work permit application submission at IRCC Gckey.
Ok thanks. I have emailed HR to see what they say. Thank you for the offer to help with the application! I'm actually planning to apply at the POE as I'm arriving from the US so won't be applying online. I'm guessing I just give them the employment number at that point

Reactions: powereng1982