+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Exempt Job Offer

Sunvoola

Dec 2, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to update my existing express entry Job Profile with my New Offer Letter I received. Its a LMIA exempt Job Offer. But even after updating it in my express entry Profile, I am not getting the extra 50 points. Can anyone let me know whats the issue.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am trying to update my existing express entry Job Profile with my New Offer Letter I received. Its a LMIA exempt Job Offer. But even after updating it in my express entry Profile, I am not getting the extra 50 points. Can anyone let me know whats the issue.
What kind of work permit do you hold and how long have you been working for that employer?

Sunvoola

Dec 2, 2019
Hi, iam on a closed work permit and I canada for the past 2 years and 6 months. I have been working with the same employer all this while and got a offer letter until April 2021. It's a LMIA exempt offer letter.

Sunvoola

Dec 2, 2019
My Current CRS score is 470 . My Offer is
LMIA Exempt Intra-Company Transferee * Specialized Knowledge Worker
Confirmation Exemption Code C12
Section 205(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Normally my Employer renews Work Permit YOY basis and now I got an Offer until April 2021. But when I updated my profile with this details., its not updating my Overall CRS scrore and its still 470.

Ilovemylife_tj

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,

Can anyone help me here on my LMIA exempt Job Offer. I missed out on todays draw as well.
I am planning to submit by end of January.. Are you not able to see the score in your profile? Have you completed 1 year with same job in Canada might be that is reason
The exemption only works if you are still here with a valid work permit working for the employer and if the employer gives you a letter stating that they will guarantee your job for at least one year after you become a PR

Last edited:

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
As said, your job offer must be valid at least 1 year after your PR. Seems you said it will end April 2021.