+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA exempt Job offer format for express entry?

jd13

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hello all, what is the job offer format I need to submit if when I receive my ITA? My job offer is LMIA exempt.

I do have a job offer [form imm5802] which was used to apply for a closed work permit. It seems to have all the details required from a job offer in a very good format, as described here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html It is 5 months old. But Im not sure I can use that. Any pointers to standard format will be appreciated?

Thankyou

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all, what is the job offer format I need to submit if when I receive my ITA? My job offer is LMIA exempt.

I do have a job offer [form imm5802] which was used to apply for a closed work permit. It seems to have all the details required from a job offer in a very good format, as described here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html It is 5 months old. But Im not sure I can use that. Any pointers to standard format will be appreciated?

Thankyou
You need a new letter using your current letter but employer must add a line saying that you will be employed one year past receiving PR.

jd13

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
You need a new letter using your current letter but employer must add a line saying that you will be employed one year past receiving PR.
Thankyou can the offer letter just say that the offer is not seasonal and indefinite?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou can the offer letter just say that the offer is not seasonal and indefinite?
No. From the website - A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 job

jd13

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
No. From the website - A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 job
I checked with my employer they said -- they can say that the person will be employed until 2025-10-10 -- this is when my work permit expires. They wont say anything about PR in offer letter. Is this OK if the ITA i receive is in 2023?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I checked with my employer they said -- they can say that the person will be employed until 2025-10-10 -- this is when my work permit expires. They wont say anything about PR in offer letter. Is this OK if the ITA i receive is in 2023?
Can’t say it will be enough as usually IRCC wants to the statement one year past PR. If getting ITA this year then may be okay.

sirmez

Nov 25, 2023

Thankyou
Hi! Just wanted to ask if you used your old offer letter and if they accepted it. Thank you very much.