+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA CAQ work permit

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
Hello,

I came to Quebec 6 months back under Global Talent Stream. A startup working on VR sponsored me. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, I have a risk of losing my job. I need to know the options available to me in terms of getting my current closed work permit converted to open work permit. I still have about 5-6 months left on my temporary resident visa. After all the research I only see one option to extend my stay in Canada - get myself registered in some university MS program.

Please help me point to some options...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I came to Quebec 6 months back under Global Talent Stream. A startup working on VR sponsored me. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, I have a risk of losing my job. I need to know the options available to me in terms of getting my current closed work permit converted to open work permit. I still have about 5-6 months left on my temporary resident visa. After all the research I only see one option to extend my stay in Canada - get myself registered in some university MS program.

Please help me point to some options...
It's not possible to convert your closed work permit to an open work permit. If you want to work for a different employer, you need a job offer from your new employer and your new employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA (unless the job is LMIA exempt). You then need to apply for a new closed work permit.