+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA / CAQ processing times (TFWP, Quebec)

squatman5000

Oct 10, 2021
Hello! First time poster, long timer lurker here.

I've applied for LMIA/CAQ (Quebec) through a lawyer late July, but I'm yet to receive any new information since. I was informed by the lawyer that there are supposedly IT related issues which are affecting processing times since August, but I find that somewhat hard to believe in. I understand LMIA takes long to process and that patience is key here, but lack of information is also a bit discouraging. not to mention an IT related issue that's active since August and not fixed yet. If that's even true to begin with.

So if anyone here is in a similar boat like me or has applied for any Work Permit related document for Quebec and can share some new information or timelines, that would be super appreciated!

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello! First time poster, long timer lurker here.

I've applied for LMIA/CAQ (Quebec) through a lawyer late July, but I'm yet to receive any new information since. I was informed by the lawyer that there are supposedly IT related issues which are affecting processing times since August, but I find that somewhat hard to believe in. I understand LMIA takes long to process and that patience is key here, but lack of information is also a bit discouraging. not to mention an IT related issue that's active since August and not fixed yet. If that's even true to begin with.

So if anyone here is in a similar boat like me or has applied for any Work Permit related document for Quebec and can share some new information or timelines, that would be super appreciated!

Thanks!
Your lawyer is correct. There have been technical issues with the program. Believe it was fixed a couple of weeks ago so not mentioned on the site any longer. As for Quebec, they have a list of priority occupations for LMIAs so if your NOC is not on the list, it will take longer.

Believer16m

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
Your lawyer is correct. There have been technical issues with the program. Believe it was fixed a couple of weeks ago so not mentioned on the site any longer. As for Quebec, they have a list of priority occupations for LMIAs so if your NOC is not on the list, it will take longer.
I don't think the issue is fixed yet. Still waiting for the update on my application.

squatman5000

Oct 10, 2021
No updates for me either still. If anyone gets any updates, I'd appreciate the update here (just so we know it's moving in the right direction atleast).

Thanks!

momsingle2020

Dec 21, 2020
Anyone got any update about LMIA/CAQ application in Quebec? Please share so I know what to expect. My company applied for LMIA Feb 2022, they called the helpline 2 weeks back and were told that an agent has been assigned to their case but they cannot give any tentative date when the result of application will come.

vadakkju

Apr 22, 2020
Anyone got any update about LMIA/CAQ application in Quebec? Please share so I know what to expect. My company applied for LMIA Feb 2022, they called the helpline 2 weeks back and were told that an agent has been assigned to their case but they cannot give any tentative date when the result of application will come.
Is your NOC on the priority list of occupations for Quebec?

squatman5000

Oct 10, 2021
I still haven't received any news about my LMIA application (NOC 2175) and it'll be 1 full year in a couple of weeks since I applied through a lawyer (or rather the company I work for). The lawyer has reached out multiple times to check the status, but each time the answer was "... we'll get in touch with you in 2 weeks for an update".

Needless to say, I'm beginning to not trust the lawyer, even though I'm aware that it also might just be a lot of paperwork to process overall and that my application simply hasn't been checked yet. Not sure if there are any steps I could take to personally check the status of the application?

momsingle2020

Dec 21, 2020
I still haven't received any news about my LMIA application (NOC 2175) and it'll be 1 full year in a couple of weeks since I applied through a lawyer (or rather the company I work for). The lawyer has reached out multiple times to check the status, but each time the answer was "... we'll get in touch with you in 2 weeks for an update".

Needless to say, I'm beginning to not trust the lawyer, even though I'm aware that it also might just be a lot of paperwork to process overall and that my application simply hasn't been checked yet. Not sure if there are any steps I could take to personally check the status of the application?
Thanks for the update, but this is so demotivating. Did your company complete the 3 months advertising on different platforms including the job bank before the application?
Did the govt/ESDC ask for any clarifications or further questions from you or your company?

I have heard that after your LMIA application is in processing they ask you about clarifications if needed.

momsingle2020

Dec 21, 2020
Thanks for the update, but this is so demotivating. Did your company complete the 3 months advertising on different platforms including the job bank before the application?
Did the govt/ESDC ask for any clarifications or further questions from you or your company?

I have heard that after your LMIA application is in processing they ask you about clarifications if needed.
You can also call the helpline for LMIA inquiries and ask them about your file. They will ask you the application number I think.

akaur13

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hey momsingle2020, has your employer applied for the LMIA yet ? And have you got the result ?
Asking because mine was submitted on June 7, 2022, but we have not yet received the result.

akaur13

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020

Hey, have you heard about your file ?
Is this GTS or facilitated or normal LMIA ?

akaur13

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Its GTS, the LMIA application was submitted by my employer on January 26th and I still haven't heard anything from them.
Oh, the delay is demotivating. I am sure the employer would have tried reaching out to Service Canada for an update/status ? Please share once you get an update :)

Last edited: