+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA approved . Need help

mesahil

Jan 30, 2008
Hello everyone,
Before I ask I must say what a wonderful community in this forum.
I need your help in applying for a work permit.
Today my brother received his two years positve LMIA and I would like to know the following.
1. Does he need IELTS test? Keep in mind he will be just applying for a work permit.
2. When he apply should he include his wife and two kids as well? Or should he apply after when arrive in Canada.
3. He has 8years of working experience in UAE. Can he apply for PR when he arrive in Canada or should he wait to get one year experience?
Thanks and much appreciated.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. An IELTS is not required for a Work Permit though it may be asked for if the officer feels that your brother won't be able to communicate in english. This is not very common, and they can also do this through an interview so I wouldn't worry too much unless your brother has really poor English skills.

2. He should include his dependents on the application so they can all go together.

3. If he meets the FSW criteria and gets enough CRS points (450+) he can apply anytime. If not, it would make sense to wait the year and apply under the CEC class.

mesahil

Jan 30, 2008
1. An IELTS is not required for a Work Permit though it may be asked for if the officer feels that your brother won't be able to communicate in english. This is not very common, and they can also do this through an interview so I wouldn't worry too much unless your brother has really poor English skills.

2. He should include his dependents on the application so they can all go together.

3. If he meets the FSW criteria and gets enough CRS points (450+) he can apply anytime. If not, it would make sense to wait the year and apply under the CEC class.
Thank you for your quick response.
Let see how it goes.

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
From which country your brother will be applying for work permit ? If its developing country then its recommended to leave the family behind this will make his application further strong due to strong ties to home country due to family.