+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia approved didn’t get work permit from border

Nav9393

Jan 13, 2020
My brother lmia approved almost 15 days he did medical after two weeks yester we go to border approve his work permit but they didn’t approve bcz these some mistake in advertise nd in contract in advertise the pay they offer its17$ but in contract it was$21 nd then lmia for supervisior but that company dont have any employee who will work under his supervision that why they denied but they told if we will fix it pay should be 15$ nd position should be worker not supervisior then we can get the work we talk to lawyer i knw he not going to reapply our case again he blaming us u guys did wring interview u go to wrong all that bullshit anybody had same experience before how i can fix this my brother going back home his visitor 6 mnths entry expiring also plz rply if anybody knw anything

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your post is really hard to read.

So if what you're saying is that the work contract was offering higher pay than what was advertised and approved in the LMIA, and the position was different from what was advertised, then that is a grounds for refusal.

The position that is advertised and used as the basis for the LMIA has to be the same as what the contract says. You can't advertise and be approved for an LMIA for a sushi chef and then show up at the border with a contract that says "shift supervisor."

Nav9393

Jan 13, 2020
Yaah in advertisement pay was $17 then i contract its was $21 but position was same supervisior in advertise & in contract Its kind off rv storage lmia so they think employer dont need so many people over there 1 person is enough as supervisors if they will approve his work permit in that have no ther employee

Nav9393

Jan 13, 2020
Yaah we did’t saw the advertise bcz lawyer told us he run the advertise already for month border securitt also give reason if they had post 21$ in advertise then probably any canadian resident will ready to work that jb

Nav9393

Jan 13, 2020
So there is anything we can fix from service with help of employer bcz that lawyer will not reapply the lmia

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You have a lawyer, you need to talk to your lawyer.

You're essentially cheating the system by advertising one wage rate and then proposing to pay the foreigner more. Your contract needs to match the LMIA and advertisements.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Another lawyer is either going to tell you to change the contract to match the LMIA or advertise again at $21.

You should be aware that the CBSA officers may have also flagged your brother and/or the employer in the system, as what you've done is misrepresentation.