+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia appreniceship!

Aggarwal_595

May 1, 2020
Hi everyone. I came to canada on study visa and now i am on my pgwp. I got my apprenticeship approved in automotive service technician (310s) and currently in 2nd year. My employer is ready to give me an lmia. But am i eligible for lmia on apprenticeship?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone. I came to canada on study visa and now i am on my pgwp. I got my apprenticeship approved in automotive service technician (310s) and currently in 2nd year. My employer is ready to give me an lmia. But am i eligible for lmia on apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships usually require you to be a citizen or PR so work permit may not be possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But i am already on post graduation work permit.
Not sure how you being on PGWP and you getting WP and employer getting an LMIA are related. Apprenticeships are supposed to go to Canadians and PRs because of their limited number. It seems like you may have already started yours. I am not sure if your employer will be approved for an LMIA for your apprenticeship and whether you’ll be able to get a WP. You should certainly try but in general apprenticeships are supposed to go to PRs and citizens. Maybe there are lots of apprenticeships available in your field. This isn’t usually the case and apprenticeships tend to be hard to secure.

Reactions: Aggarwal_595

Aggarwal_595

May 1, 2020
Not sure how you being on PGWP and you getting WP and employer getting an LMIA are related. Apprenticeships are supposed to go to Canadians and PRs because of their limited number. It seems like you may have already started yours. I am not sure if your employer will be approved for an LMIA for your apprenticeship and whether you’ll be able to get a WP. You should certainly try but in general apprenticeships are supposed to go to PRs and citizens. Maybe there are lots of apprenticeships available in your field. This isn’t usually the case and apprenticeships tend to be hard to secure.
Thanks for your precious reply.