+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Application - Chances of Success?

stratty1234

Jan 14, 2019
Good afternoon,

I am currently a year in to my IEC and looking at my options to remain in Canada.

My employer is more than happy to apply for an LMIA for myself and will ensure that this is applied for in good time. Given my experience in my home country and the nature of the roll in a payroll/financial services role they will be able to make a very strong argument that I can perform the role in a way that a Canadian employee wouldn't be able to.

My employer was searching for somebody for my role for 6 months prior to interviewing me and they are also looking for another employee now so they have a good long record(with evidence) of attempting to and failing to find somebody for my role.

For anybody who has been through the process, are there likely to be any major stumbling blocks for applying for this? Are there more applications being rejected in the current circumstances or likely to be a problem with applying within this industry?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good afternoon,

I am currently a year in to my IEC and looking at my options to remain in Canada.

My employer is more than happy to apply for an LMIA for myself and will ensure that this is applied for in good time. Given my experience in my home country and the nature of the roll in a payroll/financial services role they will be able to make a very strong argument that I can perform the role in a way that a Canadian employee wouldn't be able to.

My employer was searching for somebody for my role for 6 months prior to interviewing me and they are also looking for another employee now so they have a good long record(with evidence) of attempting to and failing to find somebody for my role.

For anybody who has been through the process, are there likely to be any major stumbling blocks for applying for this? Are there more applications being rejected in the current circumstances or likely to be a problem with applying within this industry?
As long as you are being paid a wage that is inline with your NOC and geographic location, I don't see an issue with proceeding since you have a willing employer.

Note that your employer will need to re-advertise the role before applying for the LMIA. Your employer will need to make sure they following the advertising requirements for the LMIA process (i.e. advertising in three places that meet the criteria).

Processing times are very long right now due to COVID-19. So probably a good idea to start soon.