+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA and Work permit approval inland Canada

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
I got an extension instantly on my old work permit, as long they don't make a decision on my new work permit, I am still good till mid of November
Did you get positive LMIA again for your work permit extension?
If not then what was the procedure?

Abram Klassen

Jun 18, 2021
Did you get positive LMIA again for your work permit extension?
If not then what was the procedure?
I got a new LMIA from my employer to apply for a new work permit, the extension was based on my new application so that I could keep working on the same conditions of my old work permit, I am not sure if I understand your question. But my first work permit was in the agricultural stream (low skilled ) and the new LMIA what I got now is an high skilled LMIA, 2 of my co-workers in same conditions applied a little bit earlier, one of them got the new work permit within a month, the second got a rejection stating that he didn't qualify for a high skilled work permit, now I am anxiously waiting for an update on my permit. I am not familiar on the procedure how to obtain the LMIA, because my employer does that.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
I got a new LMIA from my employer to apply for a new work permit, the extension was based on my new application so that I could keep working on the same conditions of my old work permit, I am not sure if I understand your question. But my first work permit was in the agricultural stream (low skilled ) and the new LMIA what I got now is an high skilled LMIA, 2 of my co-workers in same conditions applied a little bit earlier, one of them got the new work permit within a month, the second got a rejection stating that he didn't qualify for a high skilled work permit, now I am anxiously waiting for an update on my permit. I am not familiar on the procedure how to obtain the LMIA, because my employer does that.
I got it. Thanks