+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA and SOWP

Harmyder

Jul 13, 2019
Hello, I got LMIA and going to apply for WP. My wife is also going to apply along with me. I thought to apply here for OWP, but while filling out by application I read the following:

To work in Canada, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children must apply for their own work permits. Each person must meet the requirements to get a work permit, including the LMIA requirement.

We don't have LMIA for her, how should we proceed? Is SOWP is different from OWP? I just don't see SOWP among options or this is understood implicitly?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, I got LMIA and going to apply for WP. My wife is also going to apply along with me. I thought to apply here for OWP, but while filling out by application I read the following:

To work in Canada, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children must apply for their own work permits. Each person must meet the requirements to get a work permit, including the LMIA requirement.

We don't have LMIA for her, how should we proceed? Is SOWP is different from OWP? I just don't see SOWP among options or this is understood implicitly?
If your job is skilled, she doesn't need an LMIA. Go through the online tool instead of looking at the paper app. It will give you the options for her.

Reactions: Harmyder