+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA and Express entry

zeroism

Jun 7, 2017
I'm currently waiting on an LMIA from my employer which has been taking close to 8 months now and I'm currently unable to work while waiting and have been using my savings to stay. I can't get an update on the processing time of the LMIA from CIC or my employer and I'm considering leaving the country and leaving the job to return home to work and study.
I would then intend to apply for Express entry and it seems that I meet the eligibility requirements and would have enough points. Then I would be able to work in my home country while waiting on the application to be processed/approved.

Does this seem logical to abandon the LMIA and then apply for express entry from outside of Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - that certainly makes sense.

Nov 6, 2018
It's been 8 long months but before making such a hasty decision, have you seen any proof that the application for the LMIA was placed and is still in process? If Yes, you may be very close to getting that positive LMIA to accompany your work permit application, if your employer did a proper application.

Reactions: canadavisaQs

bosco2814

Jan 5, 2020
I'm currently waiting on an LMIA from my employer which has been taking close to 8 months now and I'm currently unable to work while waiting and have been using my savings to stay. I can't get an update on the processing time of the LMIA from CIC or my employer and I'm considering leaving the country and leaving the job to return home to work and study.
I would then intend to apply for Express entry and it seems that I meet the eligibility requirements and would have enough points. Then I would be able to work in my home country while waiting on the application to be processed/approved.

Does this seem logical to abandon the LMIA and then apply for express entry from outside of Canada?
How's the result of your LMIA and restoration?
I've checked all your post because I'm having the same situation.
Currently, I'm out of status and still within 90 days period, while I'm also waiting for the LMIA which have been processed for almost 4 months.
Could you please share your result?