+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA ADVERTISING-PLEASE HELP

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
HI Experts,

While advertising the position for LMIA, is it mandatory to advertise in paid websites? Please help me on this. My employer said he is busy so am planning to post on behalf of him. Please help me on this and suggest some sites

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Read the instructions on ESDC's website carefully. If you have questions, you can call ESDC/Service Canada at 1-800-367-5693 (this is the hotline for employers).

Remember, you the employee should NOT be paying the advertising / recruiting costs -- the employer should pay for all the advertising expenses. This is a strict requirement of ESDC.

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Can anyone suggest are there any free posting websites which ESDC will accept. I prefer paid to post in paid websites but my employer is not willing to do so. Please help me on this.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prashanth85 said:
Can anyone suggest are there any free posting websites which ESDC will accept. I prefer paid to post in paid websites but my employer is not willing to do so. Please help me on this.
Have you read the advertising requirements? They are set out quite clearly, with examples (including free ones). If you are not sure a site is acceptable, call and ask.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/general//index.shtml

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Have you read the advertising requirements? They are set out quite clearly, with examples (including free ones). If you are not sure a site is acceptable, call and ask.

[COPYPAPER ISN'T ALLOWED TO POST LINKS, EVEN IN QUOTATIONS ... :eek:]
Thanks Lammawitch. There are indeed a few examples listed on the site. In the past when I have called a few times, I got conflicting answers from different call centre reps at ESDC. I wish there was an official list.

@Prashanth85 Have you tried searching in the forum? Some people have got LMIA approved before, if you contact they could maybe tell you how they did it.

Canche

Mar 11, 2015
Has anyone had any luck with "free" websites all the ones they list are paid sites, some $600 for a month?
This is a lot to ask an employer that is already paying $1000, not to mention the down time they are losing from their business. I called them today for some recommendations of what they will accept, they said they will not tell you that??? Can anyone that has a positive LMIA please let us know what ones they used??? This whole system is not set for Express Entry!!! All very frustrating and at this rate the only ones making money will be the lawyers and CIC

ch4005

Aug 13, 2018
has anyone had any helpful advice on where to advertise other than the Job Bank for Skilled laborers?