+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA advertisements

Oct 3, 2017
Just need a help from here. We are about to apply for an LMIA after 4 weeks advertisement. My question is " is kijiji and canadiannanny.ca enough for two additional sites? We posted also in the craigslist but our city is unfortunately not in the choice of advertisement area. TIA

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Totally new to me, but reading through the requirements, I don't see how Kijiji actually targets the two required "under represented" groups you need to target. I would think IRCC might question why you aren't using something like Momster or Indeed for advertising the position. Just my 2 cents.

Oct 3, 2017
Totally new to me, but reading through the requirements, I don't see how Kijiji actually targets the two required "under represented" groups you need to target. I would think IRCC might question why you aren't using something like Momster or Indeed for advertising the position. Just my 2 cents.
thanks for your insights.

Amy01

Mar 3, 2017
Craigslist, Indeed, and the two websites that you have mentioned will work.

My employer had applied for a LMIA for someone, and they posted in every Canadian employment website.

cruisetopher

Jan 12, 2012
Apparently, I just got a call today from an LMIA representative and I was told that Canadiannanny.ca does not target underrepresented groups. Wasted my money for that website.

LMIAsforDAYS

Mar 20, 2024
Hi CanadianVisa,
I appreciate there are many heavily discounted options and am happy to take a look at these as well. We process a ton of these applications, and can promise you that in our experience, you tend to get what you pay for. While I have never posted on the two domains that you shared above (and it seems like nobody has as they were created on March 11th of this year, only 10 days ago), we have tried to save money by going with other discounted providers. We have ended up losing thousands in LMIA fees (and more importantly, time) when ESDC officers reject our applications based on incomplete/unacceptable advertisements. I am not referring to the two job boards you you shared yesterday specifically, and maybe it is possible that $15 is enough to actually support an operation capable of helping the indigenous or youth populations of Canada, but in our experience the officers can usually see past this. I work with a large immigration law firm and we now post on eight different underrepresented sources for our clients. This may be overkill, but in this political climate and labour market, our clients prefer to spend more and cover all their bases rather than risk missing out on the processing time required to resubmit after a failed application.

Feb 16, 2018
Hi CanadianVisa,
I appreciate there are many heavily discounted options and am happy to take a look at these as well. We process a ton of these applications, and can promise you that in our experience, you tend to get what you pay for. While I have never posted on the two domains that you shared above (and it seems like nobody has as they were created on March 11th of this year, only 10 days ago), we have tried to save money by going with other discounted providers. We have ended up losing thousands in LMIA fees (and more importantly, time) when ESDC officers reject our applications based on incomplete/unacceptable advertisements. I am not referring to the two job boards you you shared yesterday specifically, and maybe it is possible that $15 is enough to actually support an operation capable of helping the indigenous or youth populations of Canada, but in our experience the officers can usually see past this. I work with a large immigration law firm and we now post on eight different underrepresented sources for our clients. This may be overkill, but in this political climate and labour market, our clients prefer to spend more and cover all their bases rather than risk missing out on the processing time required to resubmit after a failed application.

It appears that the comment this is referencing has been removed. Can confirm that Www.newcanadianjobs.ca
Www.aboriginaljobboard.ca
Www.canadayouthworks.ca

Are still yielding approvals as of march 2024.

ouiyy5520

Apr 1, 2024
It appears that the comment this is referencing has been removed. Can confirm that Www.newcanadianjobs.ca
Www.aboriginaljobboard.ca
Www.canadayouthworks.ca

Are still yielding approvals as of march 2024.
Hi Benjamin, my employer posted ads on 3 different websites. However, job duty on Job bank is different from two others. I mean Wording is not the same. Will it be a problem? Really nervous because I already submitted lmia application. I read your post and realized this may be a big mistake....

LMIAsforDAYS

Mar 20, 2024
Hi Benjamin, my employer posted ads on 3 different websites. However, job duty on Job bank is different from two others. I mean Wording is not the same. Will it be a problem? Really nervous because I already submitted lmia application. I read your post and realized this may be a big mistake....
How different? I obviously can't provide advice here, but as long as they are consistent with the job bank/noc code, you should be okay.