+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA ACCOUNTANT

shruti tiwari

Sep 16, 2014
My sister has rejected her lMIA twice for book keeper through an employer last year in Sudbury. Now the same employer has applied again last week for accountant position with the hourly rate of $29 for her.
Questions:
time period to process high wage Lmia nowadays?
what are the chances of getting Lmia approved with an employer whose lmia has been rejected twice for my sister?

waiting for reply
thx

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Guess depends why the previous applications were rejected and whether there are no suitable applicants in Sudbury

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your title says LMIA accountant and then you say book keeper which are two different NOCS with 2 very different pay scales. Given today’s climate & with many unemployed, the employer has to prove that there was no Canadian to do the job. Even with a positive LMIA which will take months, Your sister still would need to apply for a closed work permit. If from India, work permit processing is over 20 weeks (not incl. LMIA processing approval).

Reactions: Nikhil3382

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are quite a lot of red flags. Finding a book keeper or accountant in Canada is not that hard. Given the 3rd LMIA attempt and 2 different NOC there will be concern about why an employer is so intent on employing your sister and why they have not hired somone else in the long period since they applied for the first LMIA.

Reactions: Naturgrl

vikramjeetsaini

Sep 1, 2019
My sister has rejected her lMIA twice for book keeper through an employer last year in Sudbury. Now the same employer has applied again last week for accountant position with the hourly rate of $29 for her.
Questions:
time period to process high wage Lmia nowadays?
what are the chances of getting Lmia approved with an employer whose lmia has been rejected twice for my sister?

waiting for reply
thx
Dear
Have u got your lmia
may i know why you this time applying for accountant because earlier she your daughter has applied for bookkeeper which is one step lower position then accountant and may i know what the qualification she hold because in may my wp application has been rejected because i did not have CPA or CA degree i have bcom and mba in finance with wes approval.

Even my employer need only b com degree and my lmia also mentioned that only bcom degree is sufficient for accountant job

can you please tell me that is it possible for bcom holder or mba finance degree holder can get WP approval in accountant job

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear
Have u got your lmia
may i know why you this time applying for accountant because earlier she your daughter has applied for bookkeeper which is one step lower position then accountant and may i know what the qualification she hold because in may my wp application has been rejected because i did not have CPA or CA degree i have bcom and mba in finance with wes approval.

Even my employer need only b com degree and my lmia also mentioned that only bcom degree is sufficient for accountant job

can you please tell me that is it possible for bcom holder or mba finance degree holder can get WP approval in accountant job
Canada has a surplus of accountants so the emphasis will always be employing someone who already has the ability to work in Canada.