+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA + 50points

Gambler91

May 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am on a 3 years PGWP with 6 months of work experience noc 6322. According to my calculations when I will have 1 year of work experience I will get 451 crs. My employer said he is willing to support my PR application through the LMIA process and he told me he usually sponsors a cook every year and he's never been rejected. I would like to ask:

1- if with 1 year of work experience do I have good chances of getting a positive LMIA ( I am making $16 an hour in Vancouver )
2- can I start my LMIA now or should I wait till I complete my 1 year of work experience before applying?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I am on a 3 years PGWP with 6 months of work experience noc 6322. According to my calculations when I will have 1 year of work experience I will get 451 crs. My employer said he is willing to support my PR application through the LMIA process and he told me he usually sponsors a cook every year and he's never been rejected. I would like to ask:

1- if with 1 year of work experience do I have good chances of getting a positive LMIA ( I am making $16 an hour in Vancouver )
2- can I start my LMIA now or should I wait till I complete my 1 year of work experience before applying?

Thank you
1. Hard to say. Your employer will need to advertise your job and prove no Canadian could be hired.
2. Your employer can start now.

Reactions: Gambler91

Gambler91

May 18, 2016
1. Hard to say. Your employer will need to advertise your job and prove no Canadian could be hired.
2. Your employer can start now.
Thanks Scylla.

I just went to a lawyer with my employer to start the LMIA process and I was told that the LMIA $1000 is waived ( which I'm not sure ) since I'm applying for the LMIA only to support my PR application(dual intent). However right now I just have 6 months of work experience and therefore I don't qualify for the CEC yet.

Is the lawyer doing things right? Since the LMIA (Dual-Intent) can be approved before even I can create my EE profile...

Thank you for your time @scylla

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks Scylla.

I just went to a lawyer with my employer to start the LMIA process and I was told that the LMIA $1000 is waived ( which I'm not sure ) since I'm applying for the LMIA only to support my PR application(dual intent). However right now I just have 6 months of work experience and therefore I don't qualify for the CEC yet.

Is the lawyer doing things right? Since the LMIA (Dual-Intent) can be approved before even I can create my EE profile...

Thank you for your time @scylla
Not sure why this is being called "dual intent." You can get an LMIA and pay the fee for a work permit, which can also be used for PR (if anything is dual intent, that would be). Or, you can get the fee-free LMIA to support PR only. The free version is good if you do not need to renew a work permit before you will apply for PR status. (say, if your current work permit is still good for 8 months or more).

Yes, you can (and should) process the LMIA before you are eligible to apply, that way you can apply as soon as you complete one year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not sure why this is being called "dual intent." You can get an LMIA and pay the fee for a work permit, which can also be used for PR (if anything is dual intent, that would be). Or, you can get the fee-free LMIA to support PR only. The free version is good if you do not need to renew a work permit before you will apply for PR status. (say, if your current work permit is still good for 8 months or more).

Yes, you can (and should) process the LMIA before you are eligible to apply, that way you can apply as soon as you complete one year.
Agreed. This isn't dual intent.

Reactions: Gambler91

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
$16 is pretty low for a cook in Vancouver. A libe cook would be different but for a head cook $16/hour is low.

vijay k

Star Member
Mar 28, 2020
hi guys.. i am working with 2 different employers with 2 different titles(noc) .. full time..
i have been working there for 5 months at both places.. so, my question is when I will make express entry profile and my interest would be in experience class. then will this affect my or negatively?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi guys.. i am working with 2 different employers with 2 different titles(noc) .. full time..
i have been working there for 5 months at both places.. so, my question is when I will make express entry profile and my interest would be in experience class. then will this affect my or negatively?
You still need to work for at least one full calendar year. You can't stack 6 months of concurrent experience from each job worked.