+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Vancouver and working in Seattle?

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hi All on this thread,

Myself and my wife are Canadian PR’s and are on a H1B working for global companies in Seattle. We are planning to relocate to a suburb of Vancouver in the next one month to keep our PR active but will have to commute regularly to Seattle for work. I need some help in making a decision on this and would appreciate your help with my questions.
  1. Is there someone who is in a similar situation. If so, can you please contact me at deepsanj1215@gmail.com? I would like to connect to ask a few questions and learn from your experience.

2. My major concern is regarding crossing the US border frequently. Once I take residence in Canada and if me/my wife have to travel every other week to the US, if we say we reside in Canada but work in the US, is that a concern? Will they say now that you are living in Canada, you dont need a H1B. My wife and I plan to travel together on Mondays and return on Thursdays.

3. Reg. this traveling from Canada, our managers are ok with it but for some reason our companies arent. But we plan to proceed anyway. Is this a concern?
Just wanted to see if there is someone in this group who has experience with this or who currently with such an arrangement of living in Vancouver and traveling for work in Seattle. I would like to connect with such folks directly. Really appreciate if someone could help.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Can I reach out to via email as I’m planning to do this.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Have two residence works. Weekdays in Seatle and weekends in Vancouver. You can do some early in the Monday morning to drive to Seatle, which makes your stay in Canada 4 days per week (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon), which is more than enough for RO

matrivg2507

Oct 31, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am currently crossing the US Canada border (through Peace Arch border situated in Blaine, WA) to accruing days to maintain my Canadian PR status. Have a few questions to clarify in this regard.

1. I have once used the NEXUS card to enter Canada but this entry record was missing in the CBSA provided Travel History Report. All entries made using the PR card were correctly recorded. However, the entry made using the NEXUS card was missing. Therefore, just wanted to confirm Does CBSA also records entries made using the NEXUS card? If yes, how can I get them in the travel report?
2. I have started using the NEXUS for an entry in the US (i.e. an exit from Canada). Does CBSA records the exit from Canada made using the NEXUS card?
3. In the travel report provided by the CBSA, all entries and exits were recorded in the Eastern Time (ET). Since I am in a Pacific Time (PT), just wanted to clarify which time zone is considered by the IRCC (when someone apply for the PR renewal/Citizenship) so that I can plan my travel time accordingly?

Would be really helpful if you could please clarify above. Thank you!