+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Quebec

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hey Guys,

I am in a peculiar situation. I live in Toronto right now and have been working remotely for a firm in Calgary as a software developer for over a year. I am currently on PGWP till 2016 June. I have made a profile on EE and I have 460 points and I expect to get an ITA in 1-2 months.

I have kinda got bored of Toronto and since I work remotely, I want to move to Montreal. But if I do so right now, will I be not eligible for express entry?

How do you prove that you are planning to stay in a specific province when you get your ITA?

How hard it is to apply for a Quebec PR? I guess my situation is peculiar as my work is in Alberta and I work remotely.

Please advice

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Start here:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/
So I won't be eligible for Express Entry if I want to live in Quebec. That's a bummer.

It seems like the process is longer in Quebec and since I won't be working in quebec and just living there can make it harder. I will give them a call on Monday

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ritwick said:
So I won't be eligible for Express Entry if I want to live in Quebec. That's a bummer.

It seems like the process is longer in Quebec and since I won't be working in quebec and just living there can make it harder. I will give them a call on Monday
Unfortunately, yes, I think the remote working elsewhere will make it difficult. I'm not up on current QC processing times, but in the past applications showing in-demand skills + bilingualism used to go through pretty fast.

Good luck !!

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Unfortunately, yes, I think the remote working elsewhere will make it difficult. I'm not up on current QC processing times, but in the past applications showing in-demand skills + bilingualism used to go through pretty fast.

Good luck !!
Well I think my skill is in demand (software developer), and I am open to learn french, but don't think that will be enough. :S