+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIVING IN DUBAI..WANT TO APPLY from INIDA ..IS IT POSSIBLE?

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009
hi all...
well i m new on this site but i think its quiet good ppl over here........ok here is my question....i m living in dubai on a work permit from last 2 years...i got married in march2009 in inida..and my wife is a permanent residence of canada....now i m sonfuse after having a look on abudhabi's timelines....can anyone tell me plz...is it possible while i m working over here(dubai) i can apply for immigration from india....do i have to be in india for the whole time of processing?.or i can come back and can continue my job.........can anyone help me plzzzzzzzz......thanx

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, I can't personaly help you, but be patient, I am sure someone will reply on your post, because you have to take in consideration the time difference here, the people who realy knows about immigration issue, are in canada , and they are still sleeping, so expect a reply after 4 to 5 hour..
good luck

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009
hey thanx rorita........well i called an immigration lawyer back in india and he said yeh it is possible u can process at canadian embassy,new delhi while can work in dubai too....i just need to go to india for interview stuff.....well still lets see what people can say about that may be will get sm1 who have been through this procedure.....nyways thanx a lot for ur time....

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
as your wife is a PR - she will need to be in Canada for the duration of the sponsorship for you...BUT I dont think you would have a problem filing from India - if you are Indian. They may question why you didn't use the country of residence [where you are living currently, especially if your visa will still be in effect - but if you are honest and state your reasons, no problem]. OBviously you will have to travel to india for interview etc... AND you will need security clearances from every country you have been in [so that includes Dubai].

I have heard that Dubai and India are similar in processing times - why you don't want to use Dubai's embassy?

Two sites that will give better insight...: 1. www.trackitt.com [this shows actual timelines on a continuum] and 2. www.immigration.ca [the forum there] they have a DubaiABu Dhabi thread going and also an ND thread.

good luck in choice and application

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I personally think you should go through New Delhi. They have very fast timelines especially if you provide them with a complete application. Rasha's advice is dead on. Make sure you have all police certificates BEFORE filing or you will have a delay and it won't make a difference compared to dubai timelines.

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009
RASHA.....thanx for ur information but the reason why i want to go through delhi bcoz i checked that trackkit site and i got only one case from abudhabi and that was still on pending and i got 5 or 6 cases for delhi and the visa stamped in timeline between4 to 7 months.....and i checked timelines with cic site too they also have showed difference between both places delhi seems far away better than abu dhabi...i was looking someone who have gone through abudhabi and all i found are in waiting or abudhabi took near about year to stamp their visas.....so i just decided to go through delhi but wasn't sure about that i can stay here during process or i have to be in india....and b]NO ONE HAVE GAVE ME ANY ANSWER FOR THAT[/b].....and yeh about that police clearance stuff i already got that...actually i decided to go through delhi just today before i was collecting all information and application stuff for abudhabi....i been through a lots of sites.....that immigration.ca forum too....and now i guess delhi will be good for me.....and hey BONCUK thanx dude....and buddy i have one more question can i go for my medical exam over here in dubai...will that work in india.....coz if i wont do that from here....i have to go to india.......and in this recession time i cant go on leave again n again.......any idea?.............thanx a lot RASHA & BONCUK

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I think Rasha did explain that you would have to go to New Delhi if you were called into an interview. Two reasons for interviews mainly. One they doubt the genuinity of the marriage or two .. security issues. You can do the medical in Dubai it will be forwarded to the Regional Medical office. So make sure that if you are called for an interview you can re-enter dubai when you are finished. If you have travelled alot, different countries etc your case will take longer in the background check. Don't forget you need a police certificate from any country you have lived more than 6 months in. This is including India and abu dhabi. in trackitt. there wasnt an abu dhabi office listed it just recently got put in. There are several abu dhabi cases in it but listed under mississauga. Older ones that is. Now they have that office listed. and by the way I'm not a dude :) lol I even am listed as a female here
<<<<<<<<
You can stay in abu dhabi until you get a request. I might suggest that if you are going to go through New Delhi.. list an indian address as your mailing address. I heard things get lost easily there. You will have to send them your passport for stamping as well so plz consider that too.

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009
well firrst of all m so sorry lady boncuk...as i m new to this thread i dont even kno how to check sm1's gender oopss mistake:D.........and thanx for that information about abudhabi and mississauga stuff....and yeh RASHA

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009
.....and yeh rasha i checked that immigration.ca site again and i found one case of abudhabi done in 4 months lol.....now i m again confuse so i m going to trackkit again to check under mississauga.......thanx a lot lady boncuk and rasha.....

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009
k thanx a lot for the guidance ppl...........now m leavin office will hit the home in 1 hr...........catch u all laters ........thanx again

s4ndy

Jun 17, 2009
nicholas.........the reason why m not applying from abudhabi is its timelines...they are taking minimum 8 months to process a family case....and
delhi they take that time as maximum

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
As long as you can supply them with documents on time if needed and your passport or go there if interview is required and be able to go back to abudhabi I dont see why there would be any confusion .. Just be sure you have all the requirements for India Regional checklist.