+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Canada. Workibg for company in Dubai.

Ali.acc90

Sep 10, 2020
Hi guys I have a question. I got got my pr approval in April. Now planning to move in August. My company here in Dubai doesn't want to let me go so they've agreed that I can work remotely and travel to Dubai every three months for a couple of weeks then go back. Now my question is regarding the tax return. I know I don't have to file it till next year. But I'm a little confused . My salary will be transferrd in UAE then I'll transfer it from my UAE account to my Canadian one.What will be my obligiations in terms of tax in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.
How you apply immigration-Agent or byself?

An_ish012

Jun 28, 2021
Hi guys I have a question. I got got my pr approval in April. Now planning to move in August. My company here in Dubai doesn't want to let me go so they've agreed that I can work remotely and travel to Dubai every three months for a couple of weeks then go back. Now my question is regarding the tax return. I know I don't have to file it till next year. But I'm a little confused . My salary will be transferrd in UAE then I'll transfer it from my UAE account to my Canadian one.What will be my obligiations in terms of tax in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi I would like to be in touch with you. I will be in a similar situation shortly. Expecting your valuable advises.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A person in Canada doesn't even need a work permit to work remotely, so long as they are not remunerated from within Canada, or work for a company with Canadian ties. The work needs to be 100 % remote (via internet, phone, etc.).
You do have to legally be able to work in the country that is employing you if you are going to work remotely and not consult from Canada. You will still have to declare your worldwide income no matter what on your taxes.

dugg1402

Dec 28, 2017
Yea but how will that work? I file my taxes and pay whatever I owe yearly? It's so confusing. From what I know if someone works in Canada their salary automatically gets deducted for tax. How will it work for me?
There are possibilities that you can file the advance tax installments per Quarter and claim that when you file taxes, OR, you can pay entire Tax at the time of filing the Tax returns. You can speak with the Certified accountant to get advice on that. But you have to declare the amount being transferred to your account. It will be considered as you income and at end of year you pay taxes on that.

Hossam777

May 13, 2021
Hello everyone, not sure if this thread is still alive. I have the same issue here. I'll be working remotely for a Dubai company while living in Canada. Is there any legal procedure I need to take in order to be a self-employed person in Canada? or I just continue working as normal and then declare my foreign income?

Also, is it better to ask the company to transfer money directly to my Canadian bank account or better to transfer to my account in Dubai? Thanks!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone, not sure if this thread is still alive. I have the same issue here. I'll be working remotely for a Dubai company while living in Canada. Is there any legal procedure I need to take in order to be a self-employed person in Canada? or I just continue working as normal and then declare my foreign income?

Also, is it better to ask the company to transfer money directly to my Canadian bank account or better to transfer to my account in Dubai? Thanks!
Yes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You should be meeting with an accountant about how to best structure your business as someone self-employed in Canada. You can also do your own research about the most advantageous way to set-up employment as so done self-employed in Canada. Not quite as simple as you are stating. Whether you are legally able to work in Dubai also is a factor.

Hossam777

May 13, 2021
You should be meeting with an accountant about how to best structure your business as someone self-employed in Canada. You can also do your own research about the most advantageous way to set-up employment as so done self-employed in Canada. Not quite as simple as you are stating. Whether you are legally able to work in Dubai also is a factor.
Thank you!