+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Canada as a visitor with FSW application processing

dexco

May 13, 2020
Hi all,

I managed to enter Canada last week as a visitor/temporary resident (I work remotely fortunately, so I'm still working for my company in my home country). I currently have a FSW-O application in process (AOR Feb 2020), which, like many of you here, hasn't seen any significant updates in well over a year.

I'm thinking of reaching out to IRCC to let them know I'm in Canada, in the hopes that this might speed up finalizing my application. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this, and if so, if being in Canada really did speed up processing? While I'm happy to at least be in the country now, it's still difficult to make long-term plans with the PR visa being in limbo.

As a side note: when I entered Canada, one of the border agents looked up my immigration application and said she didn't understand why my application hadn't been finalized yet, since it looked like everything had already been passed and that it was just a matter of someone needing to go in and look at it one more time :rolleyes: I told her that lots of people are in the same situation. She said she'd be surprised if it took more than a couple more months, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited: