+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIVING EXPENSES IN THE VANCOUVER AREA...!!!

jambrown

Jul 21, 2011
What is the average living expense for a month, while going to school in the Vancouver area.. I need information on the utilities and the cost to rent a place.. I have no problem sharing. I just want need to have an estimate amount for a month.... :eek:

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jambrown said:
What is the average living expense for a month, while going to school in the Vancouver area.. I need information on the utilities and the cost to rent a place.. I have no problem sharing. I just want need to have an estimate amount for a month.... :eek:
what do you mean by Vancouver area ? Is it Vancouver city or Vancouver Island ?

No doubt, Vancouver city is one of the most expensive place to live in Canada. Normal rent "for shared flat/house" stands for minimum $500 for one room alone.

I am saying as I am selected for UBC and I did lots of online search. In all, I think you need minimum $1000. (if you live life like a King Size, thn amount should be around $1800) How ?? So here is my logic:

1. $500 for one month rent (only shared one which includes all basic utilities)
2. $400 for food (only if you cook by yourself)
3. $100 for your girlfriend. :) you know girlfriend is more important thn rent ! Lol
4. I didnt mention about other stuff like transportation cost, study and project related cost etc.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jambrown said:

jambrown

Jul 21, 2011
Lol lol I really like how yuh group up everything, But i am not ready to live like a king yet.. To be exact I shall be going Okanagan College in Kelowna BC, But i was told its in the Vancouver area.. Any how, the rates that you coated sounds really affordable, Allthought i wont be able to work legally until six months time, i hope i can find something to do which can assist.. And if things are better i will give my girl friend more than $100.... ;D ;D ;D

Kaladze

Aug 6, 2011
Indeed aforementioned calcaultions are very helpful for me as well, I've got an admissions from UBC in Vancouver, so I applied for my SP already and now awaiting for CIC's decision. I will be studying Business management. But I will be saying at Student hostel in Robson street. I'm not goingt to live in a King Sizes, I suppose we are all in the same boat which is good to know you are not alone ;D!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jambrown said:
Lol lol I really like how yuh group up everything, But i am not ready to live like a king yet.. To be exact I shall be going Okanagan College in Kelowna BC, But i was told its in the Vancouver area.. Any how, the rates that you coated sounds really affordable, Allthought i wont be able to work legally until six months time, i hope i can find something to do which can assist.. And if things are better i will give my girl friend more than $100.... ;D ;D ;D
Kelowna is a 5 hour drive from Vancouver! Look at Kijii for Kelowna rents http://kelowna.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-W0QQCatIdZ34

jambrown

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks much PMM, That website really help me a lot... I also want to kno what kind a work yuh think students can get outside camps without a work permit?...

Jasjot Singh

Star Member
Aug 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 07 2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Med
Interview........
Not called for
Passport Req..
Attatched
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
7th Sept!
Not to worry, one can manage in 600-800 comfortably!

jhalu

Jun 8, 2011
karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
IELTS Request
20-11-2010
Med's Request
12-08-2011
Med's Done....
24-08-2011
Passport Req..
10-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2011
LANDED..........
November 2011
Thanks god some body talked about Vancover and UBC. I have got admission in UBC for September 2011, but I have deferred my program to Jan 2012. I have admission for MEng in Project and Construction management. I am going along my family (wife + 3 kids). Vancouver is one of the most expensive cities of Canada, but I know one thing for sure that insha Allah we all will manage every thing perfectly.
I had applied on 19th July and have received medical request on 12 August, I was not able to get in done from Karachi now will go to Islamabad to get it done.