+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living expense and Part time pay for an international student

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Friends,
I need a help.

My friend had received an offer letter of "PG Diploma in Petroleum Engg" from a Candian University. He had payed 60% of the total academic fees and received the fee receipt. Also he is planning pay the Living expense on this month end to the bank. He had mentioned in his letter that he will return to India after completing the studies, because the course have high demand in India.

He is planning to apply for Visa on next month, but he have 9 backlogs during his last study (B.Tech). Some says that, Universities didn't consider backlog history and will get visa.

He had done Diploma with 71.5 %
B.Tech with 6.2 CGPA ( Last two semester with 6.5 and 6.3 SGPA)
IELTS with L-6.5, R-6, W-6, S-6

Is there any chance for visa rejection? If so, please give any tips to resolve the rejection....

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the visa officer might want to know what the applicant was doing in those back log years. So make sure you list all you were doing in your application and hope for the best.

nharykryshna said:
Friends,
I need a help.

My friend had received an offer letter of "PG Diploma in Petroleum Engg" from a Candian University. He had payed 60% of the total academic fees and received the fee receipt. Also he is planning pay the Living expense on this month end to the bank. He had mentioned in his letter that he will return to India after completing the studies, because the course have high demand in India.

He is planning to apply for Visa on next month, but he have 9 backlogs during his last study (B.Tech). Some says that, Universities didn't consider backlog history and will get visa.

He had done Diploma with 71.5 %
B.Tech with 6.2 CGPA ( Last two semester with 6.5 and 6.3 SGPA)
IELTS with L-6.5, R-6, W-6, S-6

Is there any chance for visa rejection? If so, please give any tips to resolve the rejection....

Dollyyyyy

Mar 22, 2017
hello friends,

I would like to apply for a study permit.
can you tell me what documents I need to submit?

thank you

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Papa Bomboy said:
I think the visa officer might want to know what the applicant was doing in those back log years. So make sure you list all you were doing in your application and hope for the best.

He have only one year backlog, and he was working as production supervisor during that one year and the next year he passed B.tech and had joined as production engineer. Presently he is working as a production engineer.
SO is there any chance for Visa rejection?

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nharykryshna said:
He have only one year backlog, and he was working as production supervisor during that one year and the next year he passed B.tech and had joined as production engineer. Presently he is working as a production engineer.
SO is there any chance for Visa rejection?
Don't see what could possibly go wrong but it is up to the visa officer so he can only apply and hope for the best. Others on the forum might have something add too.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dollyyyyy said:
hello friends,

I would like to apply for a study permit.
can you tell me what documents I need to submit?

thank you
https://www.studentsconnect.ca/forum/main-forum/immigration/215-student-visa-requirement-bank-statements-documents-etc

Also see, www.cic.gc.ca

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Dear friends,
Please tell me that should we have to write our SOP in detail or in short ( Short of having letter with 160 words) ?
Whether the visa officer will give much more importance to visa through the reading of our SOP ?
What is the role of SOP before a visa officer ?

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
be a bit more specific about what sort of occupation as someone could just say yes plenty jobs in Hortons or Mcd which might not be what you are looking for.
my friend,
i am looking for any type of part time jobs, because i heard that the part time job availability at nova scotia is very difficult.........
So can you give me brief idea about the job availability there

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Friends,
I need a help from yours
Actually, I am planning to apply for PR
So can you give me brief idea about PR fees including WES fees

amanchauhans

Feb 14, 2018
If you would like to know how much accommodation is roughly close to campus type the following on google.com

"rooms or accommodation near [my university name]"

For example "rooms near cape breton university" brought up the following: http://www.kijiji.ca/b-room-rental-roommate/cape-breton/rooms-for-rent/k0c36l1700011

Follow link.

Living expenses typically depends on life style and city of residence. $200 a month for food seems reasonably but I spent less than that in my school days ($80- $95).

Cheers.
Hi my name is Aman and I am from India I got 2 year offer letter in electronics from cbu nd 1 year pg diploma from Conestoga college . Can you please tell me what to choose I want to pay my semester fees of 3 or 4th year from part time job is it possible by doing job in cape Breton ..

amanchauhans

Feb 14, 2018
Dear friend,
It's Cape Breton University. My classes will start on September month. So that's why I am searching for these details.
What will be the living expenses, can you give me an outline figure
Hi I am from India my email id is amanchauhan790@gmail.com And I am also coming to cbu for 2 year pg diploma in electronic and control can you tell me if I can earn money pert time to pay my fee otherwise I also have an option of Kitchener Conestoga college but program is of 1 year . Please tell me .. About it ....

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi I am from India my email id is amanchauhan790@gmail.com And I am also coming to cbu for 2 year pg diploma in electronic and control can you tell me if I can earn money pert time to pay my fee otherwise I also have an option of Kitchener Conestoga college but program is of 1 year . Please tell me .. About it ....
Part time work 20 hours a week will not in anyway cover the course fees and will only go to cover some of the living costs.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi my name is Aman and I am from India I got 2 year offer letter in electronics from cbu nd 1 year pg diploma from Conestoga college . Can you please tell me what to choose I want to pay my semester fees of 3 or 4th year from part time job is it possible by doing job in cape Breton ..
Part time jobs will likely be basic wage jobs and at max 20 hours week will not cover any tuition fees but will likely just go towards living costs

amanchauhans

Feb 14, 2018
Part time jobs will likely be basic wage jobs and at max 20 hours week will not cover any tuition fees but will likely just go towards living costs
But some of my friends paid there fees of 3rd and 4th send Is it because of Nova Scotia you are saying that paying fee is not possible