+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living expense and Part time pay for an international student

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Dears,
I am from India and I got a chance to study at Nova Scotia. Can you please help me by giving the information about living expenses and Part time pay to an international student at Nova Scotia.

Please help me

kelvinLAD

Mar 18, 2017
hey... which uni are u going to ? is ur visa already sorted? how much did u show for the proof of funds?

the minimum wage is $10.70 in Nova Scotia. u can work 20 hours off campus during school and 40 hours on vacation.

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Dear friend,
It's Cape Breton University. My classes will start on September month. So that's why I am searching for these details.
What will be the living expenses, can you give me an outline figure

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Cape Breton is a bit out of downtown Sydney,NS but rents in Sydney are like 700$ for a 2 bedroom which you can share with another student. So 400$ for rent and utilities

cellphone would be about 50$ a month as well

Food is a bit more expensive in Atlantic Canada as compared to Quebec/Ontario so I'm guessing about 200$ a month

I'm guessing there will be a bus pass or something so 80-100$ a month for that max.

Add it up = 400+50+ 200 + 100 = 750-800 $ a month, not bad at all

As for part times, students, especially those without work experience mostly end up in min wage jobs which are like 10.7$/hr

But I doubt it's easy to find employment in Sydney,NS. Seasonal employment at best, not something steady

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Dear friend,
I have an experience of more than 2 year as production engineer. So should I get more payment per hour? And also, if we are preparing food alone, should it require 200$ in a month?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nharykryshna said:
Dear friend,
I have an experience of more than 2 year as production engineer. So should I get more payment per hour? And also, if we are preparing food alone, should it require 200$ in a month?
You should be expecting minimum wage since you'll be working part time jobs and don't have any Canadian experience.

Yes - I would count on spending $200 month on food - maybe more.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
nharykryshna said:
Dear friend,
Yeah but no one will hire you as a production engineer to begin with (Exceptions always exist, of course). So you'll be lucky to get jobs at Tim Hortons and the likes...

scylla said:
You should be expecting minimum wage since you'll be working part time jobs and don't have any Canadian experience.

Yes - I would count on spending $200 month on food - maybe more.
Nah! International students, especially from India, don't spend too much on food. A lot of them even live on 70-100$(GASP!) per month. So 200$ is an optimistic estimate.

VKM25

Apr 4, 2017
hi,
any idea about cost of living and part time jobs availability in Toronto. I am planning for September intake at Seneca newnham campus.
Any help would be appreciated.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
VKM25 said:
hi,
any idea about cost of living and part time jobs availability in Toronto. I am planning for September intake at Seneca newnham campus.
Any help would be appreciated.
Almost the same except for 400$ a month, you'll probably be sharing a room with someone else instead of having your own room in the Greater Toronto Area (Rents are ludicrous over there)

And you'll be spending I think it's 135$ for the transit pass (don't remember exact amount)

Part-time jobs are easily available in that region but there are also more people fighting for the same jobs

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you would like to know how much accommodation is roughly close to campus type the following on google.com

"rooms or accommodation near [my university name]"

For example "rooms near cape breton university" brought up the following: http://www.kijiji.ca/b-room-rental-roommate/cape-breton/rooms-for-rent/k0c36l1700011

Follow link.

Living expenses typically depends on life style and city of residence. $200 a month for food seems reasonably but I spent less than that in my school days ($80- $95).

Cheers.

nharykryshna said:
Dear friend,
It's Cape Breton University. My classes will start on September month. So that's why I am searching for these details.
What will be the living expenses, can you give me an outline figure

_charandeep_

Apr 9, 2017
Hey all,

I have applied for humber college in toronto and the fees is paid from my father account...is there Any problem?

Plz help..agents keep on saying that your name should be mentioned ...but the account is of my father then how my name should be there

nharykryshna

Apr 4, 2017
Dear friends,
If we are planning for a full time job at Nova Scotia, can you tell me what are the job opportunities at that place?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
nharykryshna said:
Dear friends,
If we are planning for a full time job at Nova Scotia, can you tell me what are the job opportunities at that place?
be a bit more specific about what sort of occupation as someone could just say yes plenty jobs in Hortons or Mcd which might not be what you are looking for.