+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living cost

Shama001

May 22, 2019
Hi,
Since my first TR visa has been refused, I'm preparing to reapply with in next couple of weeks.

Visa refused based on the following ground as I have already discussed;

• I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.
  • I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Point #2 is clear for me.

I wanted to make sure about the point #3

Would that be fine If I show funds about 4 million in my personal account along with source of income? Since I did not have any financial in my account but just an asset under my name.
(My sponsor who is my cousin is showing 5.5million plus all the assets under hiss name ands his running business ext; and my husband as co sponsor 2million plus a property under his name. So this is not sponsoring but just my savings. So the total would be about 10+million)

Earlier I only had plans to go. But since we all along with my husband and 2.5 year olds son also decided to travel, how much the cost we must show for the first year with dependents?

My university is Yorkville University. We have already paid 1st year semester fee for the course.

Any one please help me..

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yorkville university only qualifies for PGWP for certain degrees.

Yorkville University/Toronto Film School
You are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you complete one of the degrees below and you meet all other PGWP criteria:

• Bachelor of Interior Design
  • Bachelor of Business Administration (Project Management)
  • Bachelor of Technology in Electronic Engineering Technology (you must have received your degree on or before September 30, 2018)
You are not eligible if you complete any other program at this school.

Could you please post in Canadian dollars. Families of international students are not guaranteed permits or visas. You are allowed to apply but many get refused. Your degree must make sense based on your previous education and work history and lead to career advancement.

Shama001

May 22, 2019
Yes my course is BBA in Project Management.

Funds we showed total in LKR 7.5 million which sis equivalent of approximately CAD 57000.

We will be showing when reapplying LKR 11,500,000 which is equivalent of approximately CAD 87300 odd and assets under my name and my husband's name.