+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Livin caregiver sending off application Oct 2012 - Feb.2013?

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
congrats if your time is near the end of the two years. Lets be positive and start looking at the check list and filling out forms from early. Lets stick together and be positive. congrats again. Are you about to fill out your paper works.... :)

A

angelnic19

Hi. So happy to c this thread. I will b finished God's willing the end of Jan. I don't want to waste anytime so I was wondering when wld b an appropriate time to start gathering documents. I printed a checklist n I plan to make notes on it as a guide. I just want get somethings straight, the 2 wks of vacation is included in the overal 24 mnths right? Also hw long on average does option C take to b processed? Do I hv to get a police clearance fr home country as well as Can (If so what's the procedure)? I was wondering if I wld hv to wait till I file my tax returns then wait on the option C so as to get it as opdated as possible or I shld just go ahead and send in my T4s, letter fr employer etc. If I wait to file and then wait on Option C then I wld basically b pushing bk my application a few wks at most which I don't want to do. Right now every second is precious to me. I'm getting so nervous. Let's share info so as to make ths transition a bit easier on all of us. God bless!

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelnic19 said:
Hi. So happy to c this thread. I will b finished God's willing the end of Jan. I don't want to waste anytime so I was wondering when wld b an appropriate time to start gathering documents. I printed a checklist n I plan to make notes on it as a guide. I just want get somethings straight, the 2 wks of vacation is included in the overal 24 mnths right? Also hw long on average does option C take to b processed? Do I hv to get a police clearance fr home country as well as Can (If so what's the procedure)? I was wondering if I wld hv to wait till I file my tax returns then wait on the option C so as to get it as opdated as possible or I shld just go ahead and send in my T4s, letter fr employer etc. If I wait to file and then wait on Option C then I wld basically b pushing bk my application a few wks at most which I don't want to do. Right now every second is precious to me. I'm getting so nervous. Let's share info so as to make ths transition a bit easier on all of us. God bless!
1. yup, you're right! the 2 weeks vacation is included in the overall 24 mos
2. you need to phone CRA and request for your option C print out and that will only take 10 working days for you to receive it (pls. note that you request all of your option C printout and include all of them in your application just to be sure)
3. yes, you need to get a police clearance both from the city where you are actually residing right now and of course, to your home country (in my case i got my clearance also known as NBI clearance from my home country, Philippines)
4. just go ahead with your application, don't wait for your next tax returns cause it will just cause you some delays (just send what you only have right now)

Tip/s:
While waiting for the time that you can already send your papers, what you can do for now is gather all the possible requirements that you can. Fill-up all the applications so that when the right time comes, you're good to go. It's really stressful but in the end, it will be worth it.

Hope these infos of mine will help you on your application. Just keep posted :)

A

angelnic19

ewee said:
1. yup, you're right! the 2 weeks vacation is included in the overall 24 mos
2. you need to phone CRA and request for your option C print out and that will only take 10 working days for you to receive it (pls. note that you request all of your option C printout and include all of them in your application just to be sure)
3. yes, you need to get a police clearance both from the city where you are actually residing right now and of course, to your home country (in my case i got my clearance also known as NBI clearance from my home country, Philippines)
4. just go ahead with your application, don't wait for your next tax returns cause it will just cause you some delays (just send what you only have right now)

Tip/s:
While waiting for the time that you can already send your papers, what you can do for now is gather all the possible requirements that you can. Fill-up all the applications so that when the right time comes, you're good to go. It's really stressful but in the end, it will be worth it.

Hope these infos of mine will help you on your application. Just keep posted :)
Thank u so much ewe, this info is very helpful. :D

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no worries, angelnic19... im very glad to help as much as i could :). when i was the one who's applying for PR and OWP, i have no one to ask to and i'm not familiar with this forum yet that's why i had a hard time gathering everything then cause i have really no idea bout the other requirements so now that i am just waiting for the result of my application, i just wanna spend my time sharing my experience with others

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Hi everybody on this thread, it's good to have people who can share the same feelings applying for OWP/PR. I started filing forms last July 2012 but when I checked CIC website they have updated forms so I changed forms again. If you send aplication on December and onwards I suggest you fill forms 2 weeks before you finish your 24 months so that all your forms are updated. But you can start getting documents that have no expiration date like birth certificate or marriage certificate. Because I think the police certificates validity sometimes is only 6 months so you make sure that when CIC received your aplication everything is really up to date.

I send my aplication last Sunday sept 30, 2012. I don't know if CIC receive it already.

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can actually confirm if cic already recieve your application by calling 1-888-242-2100 then press 1,2 and then 7.. by the way, i just recieved my owp permit.. it was signed on sept. 28 and cic mailed it on oct. 1

A

angelnic19

ewee said:
you can actually confirm if cic already recieve your application by calling 1-888-242-2100 then press 1,2 and then 7.. by the way, i just recieved my owp permit.. it was signed on sept. 28 and cic mailed it on oct. 1
Wow! Congrats ewee! So happy for you! Wish you all the best in your transition. Your success is motivation for all of us.

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you so much! if my success is your motivation, then i'm looking forward to your success too ;D.. if you have any question/s, just let me know.. i might help and i'm actually willing to

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
:) Happy Thanks giving..welcome aboard Ewee, Tammy, and Angelnic. Congrats Ewee...Let us all stick and stay. Please promise to also be positive n encouring. Greats questions Angel, same concern for me. Ewee did you apply online or through the mail. 2) when is the best time to apply for police certificate since am sending app in feb.

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. i applied through mail.. i mailed my application via regular mail and cic received it 5 days after..
2. if you're sending your application on feb., you can actually apply for your police certificate as soon as possible so at least your documents are ready and complete by then. no need to worry bout the validity of it cause it is 1 year valid from the date of release

by the way, are you a kabayan? just wanna know so that if ever, i can also give you tips on how to get police cert from our country

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Wow so happy for you ewee, I hope I can get my OWP soon coz I'm excited to work at other place.I'm so tired of cleaning house every day. I read somewhere that CIC will send letter for confirmation that they receive application forms. Is that true? I'm still waiting for the confirmation letter from CIC to come. :'(

REYMARINEL

Oct 11, 2012
Hi! i have a question about my paper about live-in caregiver?if GOD's wil i'll finish my 24 months {2 yrs}this end of december 2012.and i plan to print some of application FORM for applying OWP AND PR this coming JANUARY 2013.My question is., my employer want me to release this end of dec.how can i apply or send this paper without employer?it is true that you need a employer to sign b4 you apply PR AND OWP that atleast your paper is still continue for processing until the time you get it?and also did i need to find a new employer to continue my paper and how can i apply my NBI in the philippines with change status because im married last aug 8,2012.?my last question is im working b4 in singapore how can i get my police clearance there what requirements that i need and im single b4, did i need to show or send my marriage contract to them.Pls help me!!!!!! im SO worried and confusing.tnx GOD BLESS

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi reymarinel! there will be no problem if your employer will going to release you as long as you let them know that you still need to keep in touch with them regarding some of the documents that they need to sign for you.. nsa maayos n pguusap lng yan between you and your employer and you dont really need to be employed if ever you are going to apply for PR and OWP as long as you meet all the requirements (like 3900 full time hours or 24 months under LIC) ung s nbi, pwde k nmn mgtanong s consulate in your area where you are actually living now

REYMARINEL

Oct 11, 2012
I really apreciate it tnx a lot sa reply mo sakin,yap they promise me that keep in touch together with my employer but a lots of my friends telling me that i need a new employer to be catched me for my safety,im here in timmins Ontario canada.tnx again