May 2012
Passport Req..
Next week!!!! Cross fingers
VISA ISSUED...
As soon as possible!
LANDED..........
As soon as possible!
Are you one of this...finished 24 months or more and
submitted application for open work permit and PR status that haven't arrived.

len30

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2012
AOR Received.
E-mailed August 24, 2012
File Transfer...
August 24, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
As soon as possible!
LANDED..........
As soon as possible!
me either....really a long process now.
my work permit expired today and my employer still willing to keep me and work with them. i should have applied a renewal of work permit earlier like what the immigration tell so to apply 1 month before work permit expires..if i have to apply now, is it still okay?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You're on implied status if you sent an application for WP with your PR application package. But sadly, your SIN and health cards will expire after certain number of months (depending on which province you are).

len30 said:
my work permit expired today and my employer still willing to keep me and work with them. i should have applied a renewal of work permit earlier like what the immigration tell so to apply 1 month before work permit expires..if i have to apply now, is it still okay?

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
LCPtoWork said:
I submitted for PR status and I am still trying to figure out how the open work permit works.
The open work permit is submitted together with your PR application. The Form -Application to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker.you just have to write at the top of the form OPEN WORK PERMIT....

Aug 23, 2011
len30 said:
Len30,

I would advise to do a restoration of your status with an updated contract - you can do this within 90 days of your current permit expiring. It will cost you a bit more than a regular renewal, but it will allow you to retain OHIP for the next 16+ months. Please be aware that a restoration of status will take about 4 1/2 months at this point so don't worry as it is in process.

Alternatively, you can just wait and be on implied status but it is much better to enjoy OHIP and secure status.

Good luck!

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@len30 you're on implied stat right? i would think u dont need restoration but it's smarter to renew work permit. it doesnt matter if ur wp already expired for mos as long us u sent ur owp and pr application b4 ur work permit expires.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@bambiegirl i suggest u talk 2 a legal advocate. u dont need restoration to apply wp when u have owp and pr on process b4 ur current wp expires. that's bcoz u didnt lose ur stat. implied stat might not be the same as the wp because most govt agencies doesnt know that implied stat exist. but for cic, implied stat means u can stay in canada while waiting for ur owp and pr decision. therefore, no status has been lost.

len30

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2012
AOR Received.
E-mailed August 24, 2012
File Transfer...
August 24, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
As soon as possible!
LANDED..........
As soon as possible!
hi guys...

i have already an answer to the problems that im bothering with regarding my expired work permit. I called the immigration few days ago regarding my work permit expiration by that day.
1st question:
Do I need to apply another new work permit for it expired this day and that I already sent an applicaion for OWP/PR status which is in process?

answer:

you dont need to. As long as its on process, just wait for it until you will receive your first stage approval which is OWP and that you can work to any employer and job you want. And because your work permit expired, it depends on your employer to keep you. If he keeps you, you can still continue working with them and continue also to pay monthly deductions. But if not anymore, you must have a copy of your ROE for any purposes in the future. That is mandatory for an employee ending work to an employer.you will need it if you want to file an EI...

thats it...it lessen my nervousness after that..

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
len you are not qualified to apply EI if your work permit is expired so its a wise decision to extend your wp with same employer.