+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

Kevin1127

Sep 29, 2011
Hello Catslover

how are you i think is very past the process to give Open Work Permit
only 3-4 Months. im from Vancouver Too
still waiting my PR i got my OWP last year Dec2011
i send my application May30,11 and Process June21,11
hopefully release my PR soon i am single applicant.
Kevin

how are you
cats_lover said:
Hello my fellows caregivers
Ive been looking for a post that allows 2012 applicants to connect but couldnt find it so i dediced to make a new post.
I sent my application on march 27, 2012 and i think it was received on april 2nd, 2012, i cant check my e-cas nor on the hotline. I live in Vancouver, B.C, single and mexican.
Im praying everyday and hope God bless us all so we can move on on our lives.
Share your timeline !!
Thanks!!

:)

Kevin1127

Sep 29, 2011
Hello to everybody

I need help who Married apply this year the new Application form
my question is About Generic form wt Barcode the Personal Details Question after 1-9 ask about status
then when been arrived in canada blah blah
i think number i confuse is that need to write the Passport number of Dependants also
they repeat and repeat if add dependants my cousin have 4 kids
i help him and the SchedA Backround/Declaration is that need to write
add the dependants too?
too much application is not same before i was apply a year ago.
thank you
Kevin

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
Kyberxs27 said:
Just want to share something about my friends' current situation.
He applied or PR/Open work permit last May22,2012.
With no doubt that after 3 months he could get his Open work permit from his mailbox.
Till last friday aug 31, he got a mail from CIC that says they can't process his Apllpication for Permanent residence, since there's a new rule about the reset button program!
I've read about the reset button on federal skilled worker, and did'nt say live-incaregivers are affected.
CIC mailed all his documents back except the fee, and not even gave him an Open work permit.
How could this happen? He's very frustrated Thinking that everything seems fine after all.
can you please update what happened to your friend now? did he make an appeal to the decision?i am very worried as I am going to pass my PR/OWP application soon,I just hope this is just an error or confusion they made. It cant be happening to LCP! we have sacrificed a lot already!

marinhel529

Feb 7, 2012
This is what i think happened...CIC stopped accepting applicants under Federal Skilled Workers Program check out this CIC website about Skilled workers and professionals - Who can apply

LCP-Live in Caregiver Program is under Federal Skilled Workers Program take a look at CIC ebsite again under Evaluation of the Federal Skilled Worker program

....so in my own opinion of this is that his application was return because CIC stopped accepting applications under FSWP and might resume applications in 2013. He can apply when CIC starts accepting applicants again :(

I was lucky i submitted my application earlier in May2012...gosh that was close. I got my OWP in August 2012. Sad to see he is one of the applicants under LCP that is applying for PR/OWP after 2nd week of May 2012 that didnt went through. Remember this is only what i think was the reason why his application was return. Let us pray they resume accepting applicants early 2013 cuz time is running out for us LCPs

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
marinhel529 said:
This is what i think happened...CIC stopped accepting applicants under Federal Skilled Workers Program check out this CIC website about Skilled workers and professionals - Who can apply

LCP-Live in Caregiver Program is under Federal Skilled Workers Program take a look at CIC ebsite again under Evaluation of the Federal Skilled Worker program

....so in my own opinion of this is that his application was return because CIC stopped accepting applications under FSWP and might resume applications in 2013. He can apply when CIC starts accepting applicants again :(

I was lucky i submitted my application earlier in May2012...gosh that was close. I got my OWP in August 2012. Sad to see he is one of the applicants under LCP that is applying for PR/OWP after 2nd week of May 2012 that didnt went through. Remember this is only what i think was the reason why his application was return. Let us pray they resume accepting applicants early 2013 cuz time is running out for us LCPs
LCP is not under FSWP and has never been! They still accept our applications.

marinhel529

Feb 7, 2012
ustian said:
Like i have said it was my opinion about what happened to a friend of Kyberxs27. I didnt say im sure of it. If LCP is not a under FSWP in some ways then its NOT. plain and simple.

marinhel529

Feb 7, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=486560691363458&set=a.401209879898540.102668.100000285937863&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=486560761363451&set=a.401209879898540.102668.100000285937863&type=1&theater

Someone pls explain this to me

2. Program background and profile of Federal Skilled Worker Program

This chapter provides a brief description of IRPA and the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

2.1 Immigration to Canada

On average, 240,000 immigrants received permanent residence status per year between 2002 and 2008. A permanent resident is someone who has been allowed to enter Canada as an immigrant, but who has not become a Canadian citizen. There are three basic classes of permanent residents: family, protected persons, and economic:
• Under the Family Class, Canadian citizens or permanent residents can sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as a parent or grandparent) to become a permanent resident.
• Protected Persons Class. In accordance with its humanitarian tradition and international obligations, Canada protects many thousands of people each year. A Protected Person is someone who has reason to fear persecution in his or her country of origin due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group or political opinion. Protected persons can also be people in Canada who, if they were removed to their home country, would be subjected to a danger of torture, to a risk to their life or to a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment. Applicants must be deemed to be a Convention Refugee or to be a person in need of protection by the Immigration and Refugee Board or deemed to be a person in need of protection after a Pre-removal Risk Assessment.
• The Economic Immigrant Class facilitates the entry into Canada of immigrants who are prepared to contribute to Canada's labour market needs and those who can make a contribution to the economy through investments and the establishment of new businesses. The economic class includes skilled workers, provincial nominees, business immigrants, live-in caregivers, and the Canadian Experience Class, as well as members of their immediate family.

marinhel529

Feb 7, 2012
ustian said:
from what i understand there FSWP profile: Live in Caregivers is under The Economic Immigrant Class am i right? Ustian?

And what did they say about FSWP? they stopped accepting applications right? they will resume in 2013?

this is what the CIC website says:

Note: As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again in early 2013 when proposed changes to FSWP selection criteria take effect.

So can someone explain this further to us? I am sooooooo confused?!?!?!

maryanne22

Jul 5, 2012
TO
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january 2012
FSWP and LCP both fall under economic class category,, but not belonging to the same program,,, as canadian experience class, provincial nominee ,and the business class is different from LCP.... meaning they might propose changes to other programs belonging to the economic class but not necessarily affecting LCP

marinhel529

Feb 7, 2012
maryanne22 said:
FSWP and LCP both fall under economic class category,, but not belonging to the same program,,, as canadian experience class, provincial nominee ,and the business class is different from LCP.... meaning they might propose changes to other programs belonging to the economic class but not necessarily affecting LCP
another confusing statement....If you read the Program background and profile of Federal Skilled Worker Program or FSWP under the said program are 1. Family Class 2. Protected Persons Class 3. The Economic Immigrant Class

• The Economic Immigrant Class facilitates the entry into Canada of immigrants who are prepared to contribute to Canada's labour market needs and those who can make a contribution to the economy through investments and the establishment of new businesses. The economic class includes skilled workers, provincial nominees, business immigrants, live-in caregivers, and the Canadian Experience Class, as well as members of their immediate family.

It was really confusing because they stop accepting applications under Federal Skilled Workers Program and FSWP in general... and someone here has a friend whos application was returned. I hope they will let us know what had happened and why exactly. Share pls

marinhel529

Feb 7, 2012
marinhel529 said:
another confusing statement....If you read the Program background and profile of Federal Skilled Worker Program or FSWP under the said program are 1. Family Class 2. Protected Persons Class 3. The Economic Immigrant Class

It was really confusing because they stop accepting applications under Federal Skilled Workers Program and FSWP in general... they did not specify under which class is been on hold right now :mad:
After reading almost the entire website topic about IRPA i understand now what maryanne22 and Ustian is getting at...thanks guys now i completely understand the system. Thanks again

Everyone should know this to minimze confusion :)