+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You should be receiving your OWP soon (hopefully) :).

Klang2x said:
Hello,. I submitted my PR/OWP application last July 23, 2012..I haven't received anything yet either.. I didn't check my status yet.. because I know I will just feel frustrated :(

Klang2x

Aug 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
job_seeker said:
You should be receiving your OWP soon (hopefully) :).
Thank You,.. I'm hoping your the angel sent by God to give me an uplifting message :) God Bless...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I'm no angel but thanks :) It's just that you're dates are right on the average three months before CIC sends the OWP (give or take a week :) ).

Klang2x said:
Thank You,.. I'm hoping your the angel sent by God to give me an uplifting message :) God Bless...

tcb

Oct 28, 2012
Jeanette41810 said:
18882422100, cnabi q na " i just want to follow up on my OWP/PR application sent last etc.. She asked for my UCI, my name, date of birth, address and how long I've been here in Canada, that's all..
what's a UCI? where do i find that?

Jeanette41810

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Vegreville, Alberta
NOC Code......
LCP1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
@tcb: I received my OWP via mail, after 4 weeks I received another mail from CIC and it was the confirmation letter that they received my application..and they sent me the same info thru my e-mail..

Job_seeker is right, you'll probably receive ur OWP soon..as long as it's complete..

Have faith, don't loss hope, be patient..believe that we will all make it..our family will be here with us soon

tcb

Oct 28, 2012
Jeanette41810 said:
@ tcb: I received my OWP via mail, after 4 weeks I received another mail from CIC and it was the confirmation letter that they received my application..and they sent me the same info thru my e-mail..

Job_seeker is right, you'll probably receive ur OWP soon..as long as it's complete..

Have faith, don't loss hope, be patient..believe that we will all make it..our family will be here with us soon
Jeanette41810 and Job_seeker, thank you so much for being patient and replying to all of my questions.

i checked my status on ecas using my UCI and it showed me that they did received my application last jan.13. i will call the cic call centre later to follow up my OWP. hopefully i get a positive response.

thank you again.

Klang2x

Aug 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
job_seeker said:
I'm no angel but thanks :) It's just that you're dates are right on the average three months before CIC sends the OWP (give and take a week :) ).
Welcome but I'll still hold on to what you've said.. Thank You.. :) I will pray & claim that., hope I have a good news from the mail later. Just felt frustrated because my uncle keep telling me It will take longer & I can't receive it. :(

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
tcb said:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR/OWP application last January 09, 2012 and Canadian Immigration received it on January 13, 2012. I haven't received anything from them. I tried checking my status on ECAS using the Receipt Number [IMM 5401] but it's not giving me anything.

Does anyone have the same issue as mine? Do you have any other ways of checking your status? Should I write CIC a letter of follow up about my application status?

Please help.
hi! I've submitted mine the same day as you. They receive mine January 11,2012. I've got my owp April 18,2012, I'm here in Alberta. Same as my friend who's in New Brunswick, she submitted the same day as me and got her owp April 20. Have you tried calling Cic? Keep the faith! I hope you'll get your owp soon.

tcb

Oct 28, 2012
Klang2x said:
Welcome but I'll still hold on to what you've said.. Thank You.. :) I will pray & claim that., hope I have a good news from the mail later. Just felt frustrated because my uncle keep telling me It will take longer & I can't receive it. :(
ey Klang2x, did you pay additional $150 [for the open work permit] aside from the $550 for pr visa application?

i'm asking you this coz that was my mistake [which I just found out this morning by calling cic]. I thought that if I fill out all the pr visa application form/kit, submit all the documents that's being asked from the pr kit and pay $550, that I would automatically get my open work permit. but NO. it doesn't work that way. there's a different form [form# IMM 5710] and fee [$150] for the open work permit. It's a bit misleading actually.

i'm sharing my mistake so that others won't waste time like I did. after all, we all have the same goal.. to provide a better future for our loved ones.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
tcb said:
ey Klang2x, did you pay additional $150 [for the open work permit] aside from the $550 for pr visa application?

i'm asking you this coz that was my mistake [which I just found out this morning by calling cic]. I thought that if I fill out all the pr visa application form/kit, submit all the documents that's being asked from the pr kit and pay $550, that I would automatically get my open work permit. but NO. it doesn't work that way. there's a different form [form# IMM 5710] and fee [$150] for the open work permit. It's a bit misleading actually.

i'm sharing my mistake so that others won't waste time like I did. after all, we all have the same goal.. to provide a better future for our loved ones.
the thing with Cic they don't call or mail you with the missing requirements eh? Here you are wondering what's wrong with your application. Ughh! It happened to me too before when I've submitted my app for work permit, it has been 2 months and I did not get my work permit, then I look it up in the receipt, I sent it to the wrong unit. My bad! Goodluck tcb!

tcb

Oct 28, 2012
riaivy1980 said:
the thing with Cic they don't call or mail you with the missing requirements eh? Here you are wondering what's wrong with your application. Ughh! It happened to me too before when I've submitted my app for work permit, it has been 2 months and I did not get my work permit, then I look it up in the receipt, I sent it to the wrong unit. My bad! Goodluck tcb!
the whole process is confusing. from their website, the call center agents up to the application forms/kits. well, I just hope that people will learn from my mistake. i don't want them to waste time like i did.

thanks riaivy1980.

Klang2x

Aug 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
tcb said:

yap I paid additional, 150 aside,. 550 and I even separate the receipt, I called them earlier too ( this morning ). { in Vegreville Alberta in which I submitted my papers} they told me they didn't open the July yet,. their processing the June application & advised me to phoned them after 1 1/2 months if I won't receive anything from them. God Bless tcb i know it's frustrating., God will make a way.. Keep the Faith

tcb

Oct 28, 2012
Klang2x said:
yap I paid additional, 150 aside,. 550 and I even separate the receipt, I called them earlier too ( this morning ). { in Vegreville Alberta in which I submitted my papers} they told me they didn't open the July yet,. their processing the June application & advised me to phoned them after 1 1/2 months if I won't receive anything from them. God Bless tcb i know it's frustrating., God will make a way.. Keep the Faith
well, at least you did the right process. you'll probably get your owp on november. :]

Klang2x

Aug 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
tcb said:
well, at least you did the right process. you'll probably get your owp on november. :]
Thanks for that I'm hoping to have owp soon,. but don't worry just pray there will be a possibility that you can have your PR soon,.. God will not give us challenges if we can't carry :) Just remember the Footprints in the Sand :)