+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

fjord

Aug 21, 2012
marinhel529 said:
Congrats fjord...any other comments in your OWP? Mine has PENDING LIC APR on it. Im wondering what that means. Im also from BC
Just found out about it! It's because your passport will expire before you process is done. You'll need to renew your OWP and your passport for your process be finished.

It says it's taking about 32 months for the live in caregivers receive their PR.

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
Jeanette41810 said:
Hi guys,
I am from west vancouver, I am also in the same situation, i can't check my application in ECas. I sent my application for OPW/PR last May 28 they received May 30. I kept on checking online even calling the automated phone service but i can't get any response until i talked to the call center agent last august 15 (honestly gotta hard time connecting to the agent) she told me that their still on April 17 application. Fortunately last August 20 I received my OWP signed August 16 expires after 4 years remark was "PENDING LIC APR." to sum up it takes 2 1/2 months processing I have a friend who send the application same day as mine hoping that she also had her OWP coz she her mailing address was in her sister's address. We've been trying to share everything regarding our application. We both get married last year prior to our application, the only difference was I had a daughter and I worked with the same employer.
Just wanna share my thoughts regarding the application processing time, honestly I have no complain to that, as until now I have no enough savings yet so 2-3 years of processing wasn't too bad coz I still have time to save. I didn't have any part time during my Live-in caregiver so after having the OWP this would be my chance to find job and earn before my family get here.

hi jeanette41810,

I'm just gonna ask you something about your daughter....just wondering if you have already your daughter before or after you got married?

and if you have her before you get married ,did you declare her to your application?

thanks in advance ..GODBLESS US ALL

Hoping that we'll able to check our application status soon and for those who haven't had their OWP, have more patience and let's ask His help and guidance as he is the only one who can help us after we've done our part. God bless us all.

Jeanette41810

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Vegreville, Alberta
NOC Code......
LCP1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
@djchad,

I had her before we got married, yup I did. I mean I always include her in all my application, so far prior to my OPW/PR app I've already include her dad.. :) thanx for asking..

djchad

Jun 15, 2012
Jeanette41810 said:
@ djchad,

I had her before we got married, yup I did. I mean I always include her in all my application, so far prior to my OPW/PR app I've already include her dad.. :) thanx for asking..

hi jeanette,

thank you for your reply
me i didn't declare her but then to my first application going here she's not born yet not until a year before i came here and i thought its ok because i have my name to her birth certificate!!!so that's my problem now but we called the immigration and they said i should include her as my dependent when i renew my work permit...!!!but i still need to consult for immigration lawyer about this....

do you know anyone who's the same situation???

thank you so much...have a good day

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
hi guys, was there a form signed by your spouse or children above 18 when you applied for PR? thanks.

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
hello, my contract w/ my previous employer was lost. and i needed it as requirement in PR app, i asked hrsdc and cic offices if they could give me a copy of it, but unfortunately they didnt keep record of it. does anybody know if i need to get an affidavit to a lawyer? or pls advise me what to do? thanks..goodluck to us all!!

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow finally I found a forum who passed there PR/OWP this year 2012. I read that most of you got there OWP early, 2.5 or 3 months. I just pass my application for PR/OWP, august 26, 2012 and they receive it Aug. 28. Praying to get my OWP early too.
Let share our timeline here.
Okay guys goodluck to those who applied already and those who will apply. God bless.

*Filipina live-in caregiver from Edmonton

Kyberxs27

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share something about my friends' current situation.
He applied or PR/Open work permit last May22,2012.
With no doubt that after 3 months he could get his Open work permit from his mailbox.
Till last friday aug 31, he got a mail from CIC that says they can't process his Apllpication for Permanent residence, since there's a new rule about the reset button program!
I've read about the reset button on federal skilled worker, and did'nt say live-incaregivers are affected.
CIC mailed all his documents back except the fee, and not even gave him an Open work permit.
How could this happen? He's very frustrated Thinking that everything seems fine after all.

Jeebrel

Star Member
May 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
May 2015
Kyberxs27 said:
Just want to share something about my friends' current situation.
He applied or PR/Open work permit last May22,2012.
With no doubt that after 3 months he could get his Open work permit from his mailbox.
Till last friday aug 31, he got a mail from CIC that says they can't process his Apllpication for Permanent residence, since there's a new rule about the reset button program!
I've read about the reset button on federal skilled worker, and did'nt say live-incaregivers are affected.
CIC mailed all his documents back except the fee, and not even gave him an Open work permit.
How could this happen? He's very frustrated Thinking that everything seems fine after all.

What is the reset button all about, could you pls share. Thanks!

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeebrel said:
What is the reset button all about, could you pls share. Thanks!
Calgary, June 28, 2012 — Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney today announced the latest step in re-designing Canada’s economic immigration system.

Effective July 1st, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will place a temporary pause on new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and federal Immigrant Investor Program (IIP).

“We have been making lots of changes to our economic immigration system,” said Minister Kenney. “We will take the next six months to do a lot of the heavy lifting to get us closer to a fast and flexible immigration system.”

The pause will allow CIC to make important changes to its economic immigration programs before accepting more applications. This is an important step in moving towards a faster, more flexible immigration system, while immigration levels are at a historic high.

Since the launch of Canada’s Economic Action Plan 2012, Minister Kenney has announced a series of changes to CIC’s economic immigration programs. They include:

eliminating the backlog of old FSWP applications;
improving the selection of FSWs;
creating a new Federal Skilled Trades Program;
modifying the Canadian Experience Class to help transition successful skilled temporary workers to permanent residence;
changing business immigration programs to target more active investment in Canadian growth companies and more innovative entrepreneurs; and
moving towards a new application management system, to develop a pool of skilled workers who arrive in Canada ready to begin employment.
“This temporary pause on new Federal Skilled Worker applications will allow us to set the program on a new course as we intend to launch revised selection criteria soon,” said Minister Kenney. “The pause has no impact on the number of workers Canada admits into the country, as CIC continues to process applications already received. Current immigration remains at historically high levels.”

Application intake is expected to resume in January 2013, when the proposed FSWP regulatory changes – which will be published in the Canada Gazette in the coming months – are expected to come into force.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act allows the Minister to issue special instructions to immigration officers to enable the Government of Canada to best attain its immigration goals. Since the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, four sets of “Ministerial Instructions” have been issued relating to Economic Class applications.

Under this fifth set of Ministerial Instructions, CIC will also introduce a pause on new federal IIP applications. This pause will remain in place until further notice, allowing the Department to make progress on processing its existing inventory.

As Minister Kenney announced earlier in April, CIC will be consulting with provinces, territories and stakeholders on ways to reform the current IIP in order to maximize the economic benefit to Canada. The Department is also consulting on whether to create a new investor program on a short-term basis, to promote growth in the Canadian economy.

The temporary pause on FSWP applications does not apply to candidates with offers of arranged employment or those applying under the PhD eligibility stream. The full set of Ministerial Instructions will be available online in the Canada Gazette tomorrow.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-06-28.asp

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
wins26 said:
Calgary, June 28, 2012 — Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney today announced the latest step in re-designing Canada's economic immigration system.

Effective July 1st, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will place a temporary pause on new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and federal Immigrant Investor Program (IIP).

“We have been making lots of changes to our economic immigration system,” said Minister Kenney. “We will take the next six months to do a lot of the heavy lifting to get us closer to a fast and flexible immigration system.”

The pause will allow CIC to make important changes to its economic immigration programs before accepting more applications. This is an important step in moving towards a faster, more flexible immigration system, while immigration levels are at a historic high.

Since the launch of Canada's Economic Action Plan 2012, Minister Kenney has announced a series of changes to CIC's economic immigration programs. They include:

eliminating the backlog of old FSWP applications;
improving the selection of FSWs;
creating a new Federal Skilled Trades Program;
modifying the Canadian Experience Class to help transition successful skilled temporary workers to permanent residence;
changing business immigration programs to target more active investment in Canadian growth companies and more innovative entrepreneurs; and
moving towards a new application management system, to develop a pool of skilled workers who arrive in Canada ready to begin employment.
“This temporary pause on new Federal Skilled Worker applications will allow us to set the program on a new course as we intend to launch revised selection criteria soon,” said Minister Kenney. “The pause has no impact on the number of workers Canada admits into the country, as CIC continues to process applications already received. Current immigration remains at historically high levels.”

Application intake is expected to resume in January 2013, when the proposed FSWP regulatory changes – which will be published in the Canada Gazette in the coming months – are expected to come into force.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act allows the Minister to issue special instructions to immigration officers to enable the Government of Canada to best attain its immigration goals. Since the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, four sets of “Ministerial Instructions” have been issued relating to Economic Class applications.

Under this fifth set of Ministerial Instructions, CIC will also introduce a pause on new federal IIP applications. This pause will remain in place until further notice, allowing the Department to make progress on processing its existing inventory.

As Minister Kenney announced earlier in April, CIC will be consulting with provinces, territories and stakeholders on ways to reform the current IIP in order to maximize the economic benefit to Canada. The Department is also consulting on whether to create a new investor program on a short-term basis, to promote growth in the Canadian economy.

The temporary pause on FSWP applications does not apply to candidates with offers of arranged employment or those applying under the PhD eligibility stream. The full set of Ministerial Instructions will be available online in the Canada Gazette tomorrow.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-06-28.asp
There is nothing about live-in caregiver in this document!!!

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just read this from CIC website.
ww.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Note: As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again in early 2013 when proposed changes to FSWP selection criteria take effect.

and i read the new release in Aug. 17, 2012 about this.

ww.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-08-17.asp

i think it is only for those who are just applying for Federal skilled worker program. and application for permanent residency or Open work permit under live-in caregiver program is not affected by this new changes.

So for under live-in caregiver program like me dont worry :) Bless u all

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am not allowed to post link it said so I erase one "w" in the link that i post. so please copy the link and add "w" in link
then you can read all about it. thanks

Kyberxs27

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i've also read about the reset button
but i hope the CIC just made a mistake on his application
they probably might think that he is a skilled worker and not under the live-in caregiver program.