+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

sofiazyrine

Mar 13, 2013
xymonkeant said:
Section 30 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations by adding the following after subsection (2):

Exception
(2.1) A foreign national who has applied for permanent resident status and is a member of the live-in caregiver class is not required to submit to a medical examination under subsection (1).

Under this Regulation, the mandatory requirement for all live-in caregivers to complete a standard medical examination as part of an application for permanent residence under the LCP was eliminated. Family members of live-in caregivers, whether in Canada or abroad, must always complete and pass a medical examination as part of a live-in caregiver's application for permanent residence.
Thanks for the info... :)

sam_03

Dec 9, 2013
I received my 2nd letter today.

Do we have to pay the immigration fee right away or can we wait for the schedule of appointment before paying?

xymonkeant

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
sam_03 said:
I received my 2nd letter today.

Do we have to pay the immigration fee right away or can we wait for the schedule of appointment before paying?
what is the content of the 2nd letter.. thanks.. ^_^

sofiazyrine

Mar 13, 2013
hi guys,,

yesterday, I received an email from cpcv regarding the copy of my renewed passport to be submitted before dec. 31. on that day also they also phoned and asking me to fax the same document within 2days, which I did last night. I was just wondering if they already received it. the status of the fax message was "sent" though. but it worries me a lot not until I know that they have it... do you guys have any idea on how would I know they got my fax message?

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
sofiazyrine said:
I just got my 2nd email yesterday. ;D requiring me to pay for the right of permanent residency fee. :)
@sofiazyrine. what is your time line? where are you from?

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Is anyone here have the same situation with mine? CIC asked me to have a medical examination. I am live-in caregiver and applied for pr last January 2012. Please guys, help me.....

sofiazyrine

Mar 13, 2013
cats_lover said:
@ sofiazyrine. what is your time line? where are you from?
im from the Philippines. I filed my application last oct 2012. they started contacting me thru email on dec 17 2013.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
singlemom said:
Is anyone here have the same situation with mine? CIC asked me to have a medical examination. I am live-in caregiver and applied for pr last January 2012. Please guys, help me.....
Really singlemom? Did the CIC email or phoned you about that request for medical? Can you share the content of the letter? No need to undergo medical for those applicants for pr under the live in caregiver program.
Thank you

singlemom

Star Member
May 9, 2011
They mail it.... I got it Dec 18 but the letter dated Nov 26 and they want me to finish it 60 days from the date if the letter.

littledipper

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-February 2011, LC2-July 2013
AOR Received.
March 26, 2014
Med's Request
March 26, 2014
Med's Done....
May 6, 2014 medical result receive August 6, 2014
Interview........
Soon...
Passport Req..
Soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...
littledipper said:
Hi singlemom, i'm just curious if you have tried to see if ur ecas has been updated, maybe it will say "medical results received" then u won't have to undergo gor a medical examination. Coz as far as i know they don't require us to do the medicals after we send our owp/pr applications, but our dependants have to.

sam_03

Dec 9, 2013
Did you previously have your medical submitted when you applied as a Live in Caregiver? Maybe you should call CIC, maybe the medical requirement is for your dependent only.

xymonkeant

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
singlemom said:
Interim instructions in OB 192 noted that under this regulatory amendment officers retained the discretion to request a medical examination for live-in caregivers at the application for permanent residence stage and encouraged officers to do so in cases where the initial medical examination undertaken overseas resulted in an M2 or M3 assessment.

Furthermore, OB 192 noted that, instructions regarding the basis for requesting medical examinations at the permanent residence stage over the longer term would follow and that these instructions would be designed to ensure that such requests would be rare and the exception to the rule.

xymonkeant

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
According to OB 232
Revised Procedures: In-Canada Medical Examinations for Live-in Caregivers at the Application for Permanent Residence Stage

The following revised procedures supersede the interim in-Canada medical examination instructions outlined in OB 192 and pertain to applications for permanent residence under the LCP for which:

the applicant has been determined to be a member of the live-in caregiver class, and
medical examination instructions have not yet been issued to the applicant.
Effective immediately, officers should only consider requesting that a live-in caregiver complete a medical examination as part of their application for permanent residence under the LCP should the officer have reason to believe that the live-in caregiver has a health condition that is likely to endanger public health or safety, such as active infectious tuberculosis, at the time of their application for permanent residence.

Should an officer have reason to believe that a live-in caregiver applying for permanent residence under the LCP has a health condition that is likely to be a danger to public health or safety under paragraphs 38(1)(a) or (b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), they are to consult with National Headquarters/Case Management Branch (NHQ/CMB) on the details of the case in question for consideration on whether an exemption may be warranted prior to requesting that the applicant complete a medical examination.

This approach will serve to ensure that requests for medical examinations for live-in caregivers applying for permanent residence under the LCP are rare and the exception to the rule, while continuing to protect the health and safety of Canadians.