+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers going home with expiring close work permit

GyannahAntoine

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
My work permit will expire on june 25, 2016 and i am going for a vacation on april to may 17. Will this create an issue upon my return knowing there's only a month left for the validity of my work permit? I have passed my work permit extension last February 22 but I don't think this will make on time before i return from vacation. Pls help.

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
GyannahAntoine said:
My work permit will expire on june 25, 2016 and i am going for a vacation on april to may 17. Will this create an issue upon my return knowing there's only a month left for the validity of my work permit? I have passed my work permit extension last February 22 but I don't think this will make on time before i return from vacation. Pls help.

Answer is No.. (as in No issue). As long as your TRV and WP is still valid, youll have no problem. But just in case they question you, you can just show them the proof that you appled for extension. And please dont forget to bring a letter from your employer confirming your employment and that you are still ging to work for them when you come back.