+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver Work Permit Rejected

blusky

Dec 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

My sister sent her application for the live-in caregiver in BC online in July, but was rejected it. Two reasons: one is her English skill, they don't think her English is good enough. She got a 4.5 of IELTS. One of her friends who got the same English score got approved. So not sure how much do the government want? Second, they don't believe that her employer would have the needs to hire her. My question is : Does she need to have a higher score? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Sep 20, 2015
Re: refused application in LCP due to speak test
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:22:48 pm »
Quote Modify Remove
Good day everyone! Hope someone knows or can relate into this. LCP Applicant.
Apri 2015- employer applied for LMIA
June 2015-LMIA approved
June 10- submitted complete application through VFS ( no medical no ielts test )
Sept 10- sent email to Canadian High Comm in Spore for status updates.
Sept 23- receive email from VFS processed documents....
It was refused application due to 1- that have the ability to speak read and listen in english or french at a level sufficiently in an unsupervised settings. 2- that they are not satisfied that my employer has demonstrated a nedd for a caregiver...

My question is-1- how do they finalised on my english skills if they didnt even evaluate me personally nor gave me speak tes, no telephone conversation no interview? I have 2 years in college out of 4 years earning 97 units.
-2- if my employer are not in need of caregiver why did she get approved for her LMIA as fast as 2 months? she has 4 children aged 10-16 years old. She is trying to get help over in Canada and sent email to Canadian High Comm in Singapore. Waiting for them to reply.

Please if anyone who knows this kind of situation, kindly comment. Thank you.

Sep 20, 2015
blusky said:
Hi everyone,

My sister sent her application for the live-in caregiver in BC online in July, but was rejected it. Two reasons: one is her English skill, they don't think her English is good enough. She got a 4.5 of IELTS. One of her friends who got the same English score got approved. So not sure how much do the government want? Second, they don't believe that her employer would have the needs to hire her. My question is : Does she need to have a higher score? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
It seems that is the main reason of rejecting application. I get refused brcause of the speak test that i never did, the they finalised with out me having a speak test nor request for my english skills. I am an overseas applicant. And same about my employer also kust like ur sister refused reason.

Rosey_44

Jun 14, 2015
blusky said:
Hi everyone,

If she got CLB Level 5 (IELTS R4 W5 L5 S5), the officer would accept she has enough English skills. CLB 5 is requirement for applying for PR under caregivers.

Rosey_44

Jun 14, 2015
blessed_lucky_me said:
Re: refused application in LCP due to speak test
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:22:48 pm »
Quote Modify Remove
Good day everyone! Hope someone knows or can relate into this. LCP Applicant.
Apri 2015- employer applied for LMIA
June 2015-LMIA approved
June 10- submitted complete application through VFS ( no medical no ielts test )
Sept 10- sent email to Canadian High Comm in Spore for status updates.
Sept 23- receive email from VFS processed documents....
It was refused application due to 1- that have the ability to speak read and listen in english or french at a level sufficiently in an unsupervised settings. 2- that they are not satisfied that my employer has demonstrated a nedd for a caregiver...

My question is-1- how do they finalised on my english skills if they didnt even evaluate me personally nor gave me speak tes, no telephone conversation no interview? I have 2 years in college out of 4 years earning 97 units.
-2- if my employer are not in need of caregiver why did she get approved for her LMIA as fast as 2 months? she has 4 children aged 10-16 years old. She is trying to get help over in Canada and sent email to Canadian High Comm in Singapore. Waiting for them to reply.

Please if anyone who knows this kind of situation, kindly comment. Thank you.
1. you need to submit IELTS score.
2. LMIA is just for proof that your employer cannot find the position in Canada (Canadian or PR). 4 children 10-16 years old are too big for having a nanny. It would be very hard to prove they need a nanny...

Rosey_44

Jun 14, 2015
After the program has changed in November 2014, LMIA approval is very low rates, and also lots of people are rejected work permit under the new program. Canadian Government seems to be not willing to accept foreign nannies anymore. It sounds like they are looking for reasons to reject from applicants.

Heather16

Sep 27, 2015
Im under live in caregiver program, I applied my extension of work permit last May 31 2015, my problem is my work permit is already expired last September 6, 2015 and now I'm under implied status and untill now my work permit extension is not yet approve. I already called the CIC and they said that it is still on process and Need to wait for a couple of weeks. But my current employer need to release/terminate me this end of september for the reason of parental leave and they don.'t need a caregiver anymore. What will happen to my work permit application? What are the things I need to do so that I can stay here in canada to finish my 24 months full time work requirement fot PR application. Do i need to apply for restoration status while my work permit extensiom is on process? When is the best time to apply restortion status?

Rosey_44

Jun 14, 2015
Heather16 said:
Im under live in caregiver program, I applied my extension of work permit last May 31 2015, my problem is my work permit is already expired last September 6, 2015 and now I'm under implied status and untill now my work permit extension is not yet approve. I already called the CIC and they said that it is still on process and Need to wait for a couple of weeks. But my current employer need to release/terminate me this end of september for the reason of parental leave and they don.'t need a caregiver anymore. What will happen to my work permit application? What are the things I need to do so that I can stay here in canada to finish my 24 months full time work requirement fot PR application. Do i need to apply for restoration status while my work permit extensiom is on process? When is the best time to apply restortion status?
You are still implied status until you get the result of work permit. If you got a new work permit, you are allowed to stay in Canada until new work permit is expired , even though you don't work for your current employer. Of course you can work only for your employer on your work permit. You need to stay in Canada until you get a new work permit, and you need to find a new employer and apply for another work permit.

Heather16

Sep 27, 2015
Is there a possibility that my extension work permit application will be refuse or cancel because My employer will terminate me this end of september? My employer said she will inform the CRA that he will no longer pay for my tax because I'm already terminated. Is this can affect my permit application?

Jinkajinka

Jun 15, 2017
Help! My caregiver work permit got refused also the reason is I did not able to demonstrate that I meet the requirements of my prospective employment, i finish my caregiving course... and had my NCII certificate for caregiving and I also took First aid training.

- then i check on my school credentials my TOR has an error on the duration of my caregiver training, they put the wrong date on my admission.
- then i also think that, they thought i did not study full time because they check on my social security contribution are still complete during my studies...( I took a study leave in my work and Paid for my social security contribution voluntarily)

What should I do...????

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
is the caregiver course of 6 months enough to apply for work permit provided there is an employer who will file for LMIA?

is the actual work experience as nanny for one year in Hongkong acceptable for securing a work permit without any diploma in caregiver?

Jinkajinka

Jun 15, 2017
It says on the CIC website, atleast 6months full time caregiver training OR one year work experience or more in one employer...

I also applied for caregiver then I got refused then said they said i did not meet the requirments of my prospective employment I dont have any experience but I did finish caregiving... now I'm confused