+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver requirement

Kiena

Apr 11, 2014
Hi, im a caregiver graduate just recently. I already have an employer in canada,and we are waiting for my LMO. However,im just worried about the OJT hours required. I checked the website for the requirements,it says 6mos of classroom training,nothing abt OJT hrs. Is there a required hrs? I dont have any work experience either,will it matter? Pls help,thank you

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Kiena said:
Hi, im a caregiver graduate just recently. I already have an employer in canada,and we are waiting for my LMO. However,im just worried about the OJT hours required. I checked the website for the requirements,it says 6mos of classroom training,nothing abt OJT hrs. Is there a required hrs? I dont have any work experience either,will it matter? Pls help,thank you
I thinks there's a required number of OJT. After your 6 months nag OJT ka ba for another 2 months before you graduate from caregiver? Ask your school or go to this forum pinoy to Canada.
Back read and ask your questions there.

http://lbautista.proboards.com/board/38/caregiver-issues

Kiena

Apr 11, 2014
NagOJT kami sa school but for 44hrs only. Sabi sa school,ok na daw yun. Worried kami kasi sabi ng iba 80hrs daw sa elderly and 120 hrs sa child care. Pero we've been checking online,wala naman nakalagay. Thanks for the link,i'll check it out. By the way,may work permit ka na or asa canada ka na?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
In order to qualify, the six-month training course must have been completed as part of formal education taken at an institution accredited by the local education authority. In the Philippines, TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority) is the "local authority.” To verify if a particular training school has the necessary accreditation, please refer to the TESDA website.

In addition to being TESDA-accredited, your training must also comply with the requirements of Canadian immigration legislation and policy. Full-time training must be completed within a period of at least six months with a minimum of 25 hours per week in a classroom setting. Time spent performing on-the-job training or a practicum is not considered part of your required training, even though this may be a TESDA requirement. Correspondence courses, evening and weekend classes are also not considered as "full time."

NOTE: If your classroom training is less than 6 months, this will result in the refusal of your application.

As a quality control measure, embassy officials periodically monitor caregiver training institutions to ensure that the schools meet the requirements of the Canadian legislation and policy. If your caregiver school does not meet the required standards, you may be deemed not to have met the Program’s requirements and your application may be refused.

A number of institutions in the Philippines have developed a "six month caregiver course." These are in no way affiliated with, or accredited or certified by the Canadian Government or the Embassy of Canada.

It is recommended that you exercise due diligence in choosing a training centre. The onus is on you to verify that the school is not only TESDA accredited, but also that the training complies with the requirements of Canadian immigration legislation and policy.

Pilipinas16

Jan 30, 2019
Hi can you please let us know what happened with your application?

Pilipinas16

Jan 30, 2019
NagOJT kami sa school but for 44hrs only. Sabi sa school,ok na daw yun. Worried kami kasi sabi ng iba 80hrs daw sa elderly and 120 hrs sa child care. Pero we've been checking online,wala naman nakalagay. Thanks for the link,i'll check it out. By the way,may work permit ka na or asa canada ka na?
can you please let me know if CIC asked for OJT hours