+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver (PR IN-PROCESS)

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
yay! after suee's goodnews its lai1279 goodnews, I hope nextweek will be my share.
CONGRATULATION!

@jobseeker Im kind of confuse about the Cenomar? do you know anything about that? I know that is CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE, but my husband is married to me.
thanks in advance!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mydesire said:
yay! after suee's goodnews its lai1279 goodnews, I hope nextweek will be my share.
CONGRATULATION!

@ jobseeker Im kind of confuse about the Cenomar? do you know anything about that? I know that is CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE, but my husband is married to me.
thanks in advance!
Were you already married with your husband when you came to Canada?

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
owp-pr application sent-11-21-09(LC1)
My cousin told me that cenomar is use to proove that ur spouse doesnt have any other obligation and not married before you or after you..getting cenomar takes 7 days.my husband just went to nso to get one today,and it will be release on june 18.so I'm expecting him to pass all the docs after june 18..pls continue to pray for us..thanks everyone..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lai1279 said:
My cousin told me that cenomar is use to proove that ur spouse doesnt have any other obligation and not married before you or after you..getting cenomar takes 7 days.my husband just went to nso to get one today,and it will be release on june 18.so I'm expecting him to pass all the docs after june 18..pls continue to pray for us..thanks everyone..
Thanks for the update, Lai. So CENOMAR is also needed for PR applications being processed in the Philippines even under dependents of live in caregiver class. I thought CENOMAR is only needed for those being processed under the spousal category or for those getting married where one of the couples is a citizen of the Philippines.

BTW, have your received your OWP?

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jobseeker,
Yes it is needed..and no I haven't receive my open work permit yet...still waiting...

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Hi..no update yet on my open work permit..as of june 14, cic is still processing application sent nov 8...that's it for now

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody (Lai, mydesire and jobseeker)

This is new update of my PR process.
I am happy to say that my family received the application kit yesterday. Lai I think you
will get OWP in this week.
Good Luck! :D

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Suee said:
Hi everybody (Lai, mydesire and jobseeker)

This is new update of my PR process.
I am happy to say that my family received the application kit yesterday. Lai I think you
will get OWP in this week.
Good Luck! :D
Congratulations suee :) .

Lai,

did you submit an application for change of status (work permit) and fee of course, together with your PR app?

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jobseeker,
Yeh,I did..cic is still processing application sent in nov 8 that's why I'm not worried yet....I'm expecting to receive my owp on the 3rd week of june or last week since they received it nov 24..
job_seeker said:
Congratulations suee :) .

Lai,

did you submit an application for change of status (work permit) and fee of course, together with your PR app?