+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live in caregiver pr in pocess,help

kajjal

Jan 19, 2010
hello everyone can someone help me. i m a single applcant from india.
i received my owp + medical on april 15. after 7 months.
and immigratio officer received my medical on may 17 which i found out from call centre.

i haven"t got any informion from cic . can somene tell how long it will take and what would be the next step.

i m very stressed please help. i will b very thankful to u guys

thanx in advance.

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kajjal,

As I know my two friends, who are single applicants from Sri Lanka received PR when they complete 11th month. I mean from the date that CIC received the application. Hope this will help you to determine the time.

kajjal

Jan 19, 2010
Hi suee. Thanx a lot for replying I hope u will read this message again may be u can help me Application sent sept 24. Application received by cic sept 28 . Cic started processing nov 5. Received owp n med April 15 . Medical received by cic may 17 . But I received nothing . Suee can u help me with what would b next step . Do they call for interview n some other documents to what I knew up till med but don't no what happens next. I will be very thankfull if u reply becoz I don't have any friend who's gone through thus process if you can help me . Thanx

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Suee said:
Hi Kajjal,

As I know my two friends, who are single applicants from Sri Lanka received PR when they complete 11th month. I mean from the date that CIC received the application. Hope this will help you to determine the time.
Kajjal just relax and don't work yourself up too much. Since you have owp, get ursef a new job and forget about CIC for now otherwise by the time your PR comes u might not be in Gur shape.....LOL . Seriouly by the end of this month or next month you should hear from them, they seem to be so slow this days. Cheers.

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry. I guess you will get a letter from CIC to come for an interview before end of October. At the same time they will ask you to pay the Right Permanent Residents Fee. As you know these days all kind of processes are too slow. Keep patients! I have two dependent (my husband and daughter - outside Canada) in my application. I know that it will take 18-month to finalize. It is very hard to stay long time without the family, specially my 6-year old daughter. There is no choice unless wait.

kajjal said:
Hi suee. Thanx a lot for replying I hope u will read this message again may be u can help me Application sent sept 24. Application received by cic sept 28 . Cic started processing nov 5. Received owp n med April 15 . Medical received by cic may 17 . But I received nothing . Suee can u help me with what would b next step . Do they call for interview n some other documents to what I knew up till med but don't no what happens next. I will be very thankfull if u reply becoz I don't have any friend who's gone through thus process if you can help me . Thanx

kajjal

Jan 19, 2010
Thanx for replying suee , I hope so. I know it's even harder for u to stay away from u r husband n kid. I know it's just matter of time but simetimes I feel so fed up waiting because I want to go back to my country to meet my family but I don't no when they will call me for interview . So I can't go at this point . They always ask when r u coming , I'm like I don't no yet. I hope we all get out of this situation soon.

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Suee said:
Hi Kajjal,

Hi Sue
Need a lil advice see if you can be of any help
My brother lives in Ontario,owns a house,has a wife with 2 yrs old son and thinking to sponsor me.I've heard that siblings are refused for live in caregiver category.Is that true??
Any one having a clue?HuhHuh??

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi bob02,

I am sorry! I don't have any idea about this. Please kindly get advice from sombody who knows about this well.

bob02 said:
Hi Sue
My brother lives in Ontario,owns a house,has a wife with 2 yrs old son and thinking to sponsor me.I've heard that siblings are refused for live in caregiver category.Is that true??

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@suee,

we have the samw situation, i have a son same as your daughter's age back in the Philippines and my husband working in singapore, hows your application? can you share your time line?

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rosellyalung,

You can see my time below. When did you send your application?

rosellyalung said:
@ suee,

we have the samw situation, i have a son same as your daughter's age back in the Philippines and my husband working in singapore, hows your application? can you share your time line?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Suee,

i will be sending my application the LC1 this first week of august, i am just starting with it, i hope you cna keep me posted, may i just ask, what di you write in the application for OWP, asking how long will you stay in canada? what did you write? thanks and god bless!

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rosellyalung,

I couldn't remember an question like that in the OWP aplication? Can you tell me the question number?

rosellyalung said:
Suee,

i will be sending my application the LC1 this first week of august, i am just starting with it, i hope you cna keep me posted, may i just ask, what di you write in the application for OWP, asking how long will you stay in canada? what did you write? thanks and god bless!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@suee- in the form imm1249 section D number 10 it says" i want to extend my stay in canada until, __________- for the following reasons____________ thanks god bless!@

and in the form imm 5002 section c -my family member outside canada there is a check box that says, seeking for permanent residence will i check no for my family members?

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rosell,

1. In the form imm1249 section D number 10-
I filled in there as "CHANGE CONDITIONS" (I put check mark in the given box).
I did't filled any dates in there and I left the all spaces (for dates) in blanks.

2. imm 5002 section c -my family member outside canada there is a check box that says, seeking for permanent residence will i check no for my family members?

IF YOU WANT YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS COME TO CANADA PUT CHECK MARK IN THE BOX AS "YES".

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
bob02 said:
Hi Sue
Yes, siblings throw up a red flag to CIC.

If your case is genuine and your brother can convince CIC of the need for his sister to become his care giver, you will be granted a visa.

Should however, the application stink of 'caregiver to PR fraud', CIC will smell it and refuse it.

If you are genuine you will have no problem at all.