+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

willo

Jun 19, 2012
Hi Everyone- is there any September 2011 applicants (married or with dependants) back home receive first stage approval of the late?? It seems so far only single September 2011 applicants are receiving their PR and people with dependants not even getting first stage approval.

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Rowena2013 said:
Hi there,

Sorry, i know this is not the question that link to this topic, but I'm sure you guys are the best person I can ask concerning the live-in caregiver workpermit. I'm a live in caregiver but my work permit title stated as "babysitters,nannies and par help" . I'm so worry that does the above job title counted as a live-in caregiver program? May I be able to apply for openwork permit and PR later?

How about you guys? How does your job title in your work permit appear? Live-in caregiver or "babysitters,nannies and par help"

Thank you so much to all ! I really hope you guys can share your thought about this. I'm so so worry about this issue.
Hi! I believe it's all the same. It's just different but it's under one category.

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
thepinkpanther said:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

That is the content of the letter. It didn't say anything about cic contacting me or me paying the 490. So I don't know what to do next. Do I need to go for medical?

CIC received my application October 5, 2011.
Hi! I received the same thing, too. Did you receive a medical report paper as well? I called cic call center and it freaked me out because some of them would say that I don't need to under go medical while some of them
Would tell me that it's mandatory. So, luckily, cic vegreville called me to fax my new passport, and I asked the lady if I really need to undergo medical but she told me, no. It's just an automatic thingy. No just relax. I got mine last august. And since I am from Quebec I still need to apply for csq and that's the process that I'm undergoing right now. Basically, here in Quebec we have two interviews. I hope this helps.

miraclegreen

Aug 18, 2011
thepinkpanther said:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

That is the content of the letter. It didn't say anything about cic contacting me or me paying the 490. So I don't know what to do next. Do I need to go for medical?

CIC received my application October 5, 2011.

Hi,
I have the exact time line as yours (cic received on oct 5th,2011),
and I received the exact same letter 2 days ago.

On the same day just before I received letter, I happened to call cic to ask my application status.
They told me "you are in the final stage, you are good to go".
So I was expecting the letter was for decision made, but it seemed like just letting me know i passed first stage.
However to me, they used old format of letter, does the letter also said like "now you can apply for open work permit etc..." ? We all have open work permit already since they changed the rules right?
So I dont think we need to worry about medical.

I guess we just need to wait a couple of months to receive decision made letter (hopefully!!)

thepinkpanther

Nov 19, 2010
Hi miraclegreen,

I am single and from Alberta. And good news i received another email from CIC that my application has been completeted. Now I just haveto pay the 490 and wait for immigration here in Ab to contact me. CHeck your junkmail because it is where i found mine dated October 18. Now i am just very anxious about the interview. Well good luck to us and to everybody.

julia78_

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
thepinkpanther said:
Hi miraclegreen,

I am single and from Alberta. And good news i received another email from CIC that my application has been completeted. Now I just haveto pay the 490 and wait for immigration here in Ab to contact me. CHeck your junkmail because it is where i found mine dated October 18. Now i am just very anxious about the interview. Well good luck to us and to everybody.
hi!! happy for u:) best of luck panther!!!!!!!!!!

miraclegreen

Aug 18, 2011
thepinkpanther said:
Hi miraclegreen,

Wow thats a great news! Congratulation!!
How long did it take after you got that first letter?

miraclegreen

Aug 18, 2011
thepinkpanther said:
I received the first letter on the 16th and received the second one the 18th of October. So it's two days.
thepinkpanther said:
I received the first letter on the 16th and received the second one the 18th of October. So it's two days.
That's so fast!!
I hope i received next letter soon...