+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Gico said:
Yes, I believe you can apply online
what are the documents you have to include?

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi lyvily,

Usually the OWP is issued for 4 years, or until your passport expiration date, whichever comes first, because any visa expiration date cannot be issued beyond the passport expiration date. So I guess it's your passport expiration date that leads to your one-year OWP.

So if I were you, what I will do is:
1. Renew my passport
2. Call cic at 1-888-2422-100 to ask about the OWP renewal process. They will tell you what form of application is applicable and what forms will you have to use. Just follow the direction in the guide, you will know what document to submit.
3. Apply for renewal with your new passport.

Most work permits can be applied on line. For initial OWP, there is no requirement for a job offer, so I suppose it is the same case for renewal.

Good luck!

NIPA

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Hello ma friends

I'm April 2011 applicant so how is same applicant as me? Is der any new news for 2011? plz let me know if you have nay gud news. you al have happy xmas and god bless 2 all care giver.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
hello LCs!!!CIC has new look..ecas says...sorry unable to find the page requested.. :-\

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
xtalj said:
Hi lyvily,

Usually the OWP is issued for 4 years, or until your passport expiration date, whichever comes first, because any visa expiration date cannot be issued beyond the passport expiration date. So I guess it's your passport expiration date that leads to your one-year OWP.

So if I were you, what I will do is:
1. Renew my passport
2. Call cic at 1-888-2422-100 to ask about the OWP renewal process. They will tell you what form of application is applicable and what forms will you have to use. Just follow the direction in the guide, you will know what document to submit.
3. Apply for renewal with your new passport.

;D..
Most work permits can be applied on line. For initial OWP, there is no requirement for a job offer, so I suppose it is the same case for renewal.

Good luck!

Gopala

Dec 27, 2012
:) ;) :)
Hello All!
I was all along following 2010 time line forum and glad to inform you that 3rd November 2010 applicants got their PR.
Hence very soon, may be in a couple of months we should start hearing about 2011 applicants.
I am an April 2011 applicant and honestly counting every day and my heart goes out for every Live in Caregiver.
Gopala

J-dee

Jul 4, 2012
hey Gopala,like u i have also always been following 2010 applicants.i rejoice with them every time there is a breakthrough.I am feb 2011 applicant and i believe its time for our timeline(2011) to become alive

NIPA

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
YEh Gopala and J-deee

you both r right I'm also April 2011 and soon we will get gud news and see our family very soon. when i apply my application i was single. after i have got marry and it's 1 year. after my marry i have live with my husband only 20 days cuz i didn;t had tym to live in my country so I came back Canada. n since d 1 year i didn't see my honey. every day i n my honey cry n miss 2 each other vm n just keeping hope on god det god give our PR very soon n we will see 2 each other n god bless 2 all care giver who is willing 2 see der family since d long tym n cry 4 dem god will give der PR ASAP god bless u all n god bless us..........

Gopala

Dec 27, 2012
NIPA said:
YEh Gopala and J-deee

you both r right I'm also April 2011 and soon we will get gud news and see our family very soon. when i apply my application i was single. after i have got marry and it's 1 year. after my marry i have live with my husband only 20 days cuz i didn;t had tym to live in my country so I came back Canada. n since d 1 year i didn't see my honey. every day i n my honey cry n miss 2 each other vm n just keeping hope on god det god give our PR very soon n we will see 2 each other n god bless 2 all care giver who is willing 2 see der family since d long tym n cry 4 dem god will give der PR ASAP god bless u all n god bless us..........
DEAR NIPA,
HOPE YOU HAVE TAKEN CARE TO INFORM IMMIGRATION ABOUT YOUR MARRIAGE AND INCLUDED YOUR HUSBAND FOR PR PURPOSES. IF NOT DO IT RIGHT AWAY! GOOD LUCK.

GOPALA

NIPA

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Thank you Gopala

I have all ready submited all papers of my husband since d when i got married so his file is also in processing since d 1 year. I don't know full mean of Lc2 kit and AIP so plz if you help me 4 det thank you god bless you....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
NIPA said:
Thank you Gopala

I have all ready submited all papers of my husband since d when i got married so his file is also in processing since d 1 year. I don't know full mean of Lc2 kit and AIP so plz if you help me 4 det thank you god bless you....
LC1 = you principal applicant (PA)
LC2 = dependents of PA
AIP = Approved In Principle means PA initial approved PR application. and wait for further notice by mail.

LC2 kit = your dependents will received PR application form by mail or email then they submit it in canadian embassy of your respective country of origin/resident.

NIPA

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Thank you so much ma dear wsongco

God bless you and all care giver and Happy new year.....

mybabies

Oct 9, 2012
hi! I would like to send message to Kenney too 32 mos is so long... do you know where can I post it? or send personally? do you have his email address? thanks

mybabies

Oct 9, 2012
i hope they will offer to us spousal work permit for our husbands and permit for our children too while waiting for PR. So it wouldn't be much pain for us waiting too long... Even if it takes another 32 mos it wouldn't make us feel bad as long we are happy together with our family...

sweetjasmine

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
NIPA said:
YEh Gopala and J-deee

Hi everyone, Happy new year to everyone...Congrats to all who got their PR and case is processing...I applied in December 2011...and they received my application in january 2012.....I got my open work permit in april 2012......i from india and was thinking to go get married....i am not too sure if should wait for my process to be finished or i can go get married....its been 3 years m in relationship but its hard to maintain long distance relationship for more and i want to get married....and if i go then can i change my status or apply for my husband or what should i do....wondering....its long waiting though.....Please reply if someone can suggest something...please respond.......thanks....

God bless all the caregivers....