+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

joyparreno

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 30 2013
Med's Request
Jan 07 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 14 2014
Interview........
March 8 2014
Passport Req..
February 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa on hand March 28 2014
LANDED..........
March 08 2014
Hi Guys.Just want to ask if does the dependants submit NBI with their kit?I am confused because it is not in the checklist but it says in the first paragraph in there that the police clearance should be original???Thank you in advance for your help.

daphneleila

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joyparreno said:
Hi Guys.Just want to ask if does the dependants submit NBI with their kit?I am confused because it is not in the checklist but it says in the first paragraph in there that the police clearance should be original???Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi joy, they have to submit... your spouse and if other child dependants above 18 of course...nbi clearance has 2 copies so just enclosed the other one.

joyparreno

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 30 2013
Med's Request
Jan 07 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 14 2014
Interview........
March 8 2014
Passport Req..
February 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa on hand March 28 2014
LANDED..........
March 08 2014
Thanks again.They already had it,just not sure if they need to enclose it.

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
I_am_blessed07 said:
I am still keeping my fingers crossed, are you from quebec as well?

Hi vampirella,

I am from Toronto - have you already received 1st approval letter from cic??
nope. i haven't received any yet. i called cic and i was advised that they're still working on June 26 applicants :(

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
KHampton said:
Hi vampirella thanks so much for the info! have you got your decision made yet? sorry I can't find out your timeline.....hope everything goes smoothly....
SUBMITTED MY Application last June 30, 2011
they started processing last July 3rd or 4th, i cant remember exactly
got my owp Dec. 8 2011

so far, i havent received any yet

jebok79

Feb 9, 2013
i would like to update CEM but i already have sent them a follow up regarding on my AOR a weeks ago..they just answer that once my file has been created they will email me right away for the AOR and further instructions...tnxxx

Kevin1127

Sep 29, 2011
GOD BLESS ME said:
YOU WILL GET LETTER FROM CIC ,ANDTHEN YOU CAN GET ANOTHER LETTER FOR INTERVIEW.
I got the letter for Decision made date letter date is June 24, 2013
and still waiting for my interview letter,
did you received yours or not yet too local cic?
thanks

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
I_am_blessed07 said:
Hi vampirella,

May i know when is the last time you called the cic? Thanks!

I called them yesterday morning and I was told that i have to wait until sept 3rd. And they're working on July 3rd applications already

GOD BLESS ME

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Kevin1127 said:
I got the letter for Decision made date letter date is June 24, 2013
and still waiting for my interview letter,
did you received yours or not yet too local cic?
thanks
YES ,I GOT LOCAL CIC LETTER ON JUL 19,I 'LL GO TO INTERVIEW ON JUL 29.

hohogogo

Jul 22, 2013
GOD BLESS ME said:
YES ,I GOT LOCAL CIC LETTER ON JUL 19,I 'LL GO TO INTERVIEW ON JUL 29.
Hi friend, does that mean you will be PR after the interview? Is the interview always happening after you receiving the "decision made" letter? Thank you so much for your time

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Hello fellow caregivers,
Can you please share your experience about what kind of jobs that you have been doing after you have got your OWP? Did you find it hard/easy to find a job other than caregiving job?
I am about to send my PR/OWP next month, still gathering some documents.
Well, I am just wondering about what fellow caregivers are doing after receiving OWP.

Gico

Jun 25, 2010
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 26, 2013
Med's Request
March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
Full ipolitics.ca article:

Treasury Board has agreed to enter into binding arbitration to end a controversial strike by Canada's foreign service officers, but not without conditions.

After nearly two months of picketing outside government offices around the world, the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) requested the government enter into third-party binding arbitration last week. The union's offer was set to expire Tuesday at noon.

In a statement Tuesday, moments before noon, Treasury Board President Tony Clement said the government is willing to enter into arbitration, “under certain conditions.” However, those conditions will not be made public as they are subject to negotiation confidence, he said.

“We will continue to bargain in good faith and we appreciate the bargaining agent's efforts at finding a resolution to the strike,” said Clement. “Our goal is to have diplomatic, consular and other services to Canadians fully restored as quickly as possible.”

PAFSO did not respond to Clement's statement at time of publication Tuesday.

PAFSO, which represents 1,350 non-executive-level Canadian diplomats, has been in a legal strike position since April 2 and without contract since June 2011. The union is demanding equal pay for equal work because some junior diplomats earn up to $14,000 less than colleagues doing the same work in Ottawa.

Hundreds of PAFSO members have been picketing outside of government offices, including major embassies, around the world over the past two months. Members have also been participating in rotating strikes aimed at missions and sections where job action will have the strongest impact.

“Over the summer, we are going to be targeting mainly visa and immigration processing because this is the peak season for those files, whereas the political and trade diplomatic calendar slows down over the summer,” Edwards told iPolitics.

As Treasury Board and PAFSO attempt to come to an agreement, the effects of the strike are being felt around the world. According to Edwards, visa issuance has been heavily impacted, especially in major processing centres such as Beijing, Delhi, Manila, Mexico City. He said targeted missions have seen a 60 to 65 per cent drop in visa issuance and a 25 per cent drop system wide.

Although PAFSO has been in informal contact at the official level with Treasury Board, with whom it is negotiating the contract, Edwards said the union has not officially sat down with the government since June 5.

Treasury Board has said it believes PAFSO members have been presented with a fair offer — something Clement maintained in his statement Tuesday.

In prior statements, Treasury Board has highlighted some of the perks, known as Foreign Service Directives, PAFSO members are entitled. These include a reimbursement of up to 50 per cent for dry cleaning expenses, the shipment of personal vehicles and household items such as furniture to the diplomat's posting, and a foreign service incentive allowance recognizing the challenges associated with living abroad. Treasury Board said it invests $126 million a year in said Foreign Service Directives, most of which is dedicated to PAFSO members.

But the union has said Treasury Board's reference to the Foreign Service Directives is irrelevant to the negotiations currently at stake, which are focused on issues of pay.

If the strike continues into the fall, Edwards said the government can expect to feel the impact during every ministerial trip abroad.

“Any cabinet minister that travels abroad can expect that in any location that they visit.”

It is not clear whether rotating strikes will continue during arbitration.

Official statement:

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/media/nr-cp/2013/0723-eng.asp

The Government of Canada has presented the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers an offer that is fair and reasonable to both employees and taxpayers.

Last week, the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers requested the Government enter into binding arbitration to end the union's strike. The Government is willing to enter into arbitration, subject to certain conditions.

These conditions are subject to negotiation confidence and cannot be shared publicly. We will continue to bargain in good faith and we appreciate the bargaining agent's efforts at finding a resolution to the strike.

It is important to note that Foreign Service Officers have unique jobs that cannot be compared to others. These jobs are substantively different from public service lawyers, economists or commerce officers. The Foreign Service also has no recruitment or retention issues.

Our goal is to have diplomatic, consular and other services to Canadians fully restored as quickly as possible. We continue to take steps to ensure the timely processing of visas.