+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@poknat that sucks! yeah,thats the max they will give 6mos. need further assistance ask westcoast domestic. they're in vancouver. they give free legal assistance for us tfw. they helped me with my papers..

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I decided that I'll forget about this care card issue. My expired in April/2011 so I believe it's too late to renew it.
What is this protest in September 24th? We should take this day off and go to the streets to protest... Nannies all over the country!!!

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@katileia why not try to renew the care card. there's no harm on trying. 3-6 mos is better than nothing. esp now that we dont even know how much longer we'll wait for owp.
that nanny walk out thing im not sure.. im in victoria. do i need to go to van? is this canada wide?

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
sarah cunanan said:
@ katileia why not try to renew the care card. there's no harm on trying. 3-6 mos is better than nothing. esp now that we dont even know how much longer we'll wait for owp.
that nanny walk out thing im not sure.. im in victoria. do i need to go to van? is this canada wide?
Agree why not try.is there something like that here in Alberta?The protest rally of nannies

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Seems the government will only see us or think about us if we do something about it. We work and we accept anything just because we are scare of them, but it's our right! At least if some says " hey nannies, we are busy but we care about you or be a little more patience" please! But the don't give a s**** for us. We are cleaning they kids mess and this it's enough.
Please let make they hear us!!!!

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just speed up the process! that's what gets me. who would sit down studying application for 16 mos. its not they should b careful to who they will let in. that ill understand. but in our case,completed 24mos,provided them necessary docs, all they do is to review. what's hard on that? it takes 16mos? maybe they should stop picking their noses and get working!

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
Yes guys.. this government doesnt care about us LIC all they know is how to make money out of us by asking us to pay every work permit and use us as a slave. 15-16 months for OWP and to think we are in this country already waiting. What cic's doin to us is unhumane already but still we dont hear any news about why are we waitng this long. so yeah best way is to go on strike. If this government doesnt care for us then why should we care about our job?. Were not being treated fairly then its time for them to pay the consequence.. all LIC should go to the legislature ground and do a strike. Hoping and waiting wont do us any good anymore. Im tired of it. Whoever wants to go on a strike let me know. Im here in edmonton and im always free to go and march the streets for our rights.

Lana 0303

Aug 19, 2011
I'm from Edmonton. Fed up with waiting - I'm May 2010 applicant.Count me in if you plan a strike in front of the legislature building.
Also,I'm 100% sure that max longest processing time is not a wicked idea of local Vegreville office but quite a plan of higher immigration institutions to slow down the flow of LICs into Canada.

melody chen

Apr 17, 2011
toronto on
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monalizy said:
How many people will attend the Rafael fabregas speaking on Aug 27th ? I think most of us in Toronto should be there,maybe he can join us in the protest on Sep 24th.
I am ganna take a day off to join you guys .

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
Ok so there is 4 of us from edmonton that replied so far. we still need some more. once I know that there is enough of us already. Then we will make a plan and make a rally in the legislature.Im sure if we do it. Media people will be there to interview us and its gonna be the start for our voices to be heard all over this country. and btw 15-16 months for first stage is not even the maximum yet they might keep on adding months to it and we will be left to wait for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG! so it better stops now. And If this government doesnt want to accept LIC from abroad then its not our problem anymore. Its the immigrations problem and they shouldnt involve us LIC thats in the Program already bcoz what they are doin is not helping at all. not at all. are they stupid to think that we will just keep quiet forever? Why should we LIC be the one to pay and suffer, havent we suffered enough already.

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
All the live in caregivers in Alberta should really protest in front of Jason Kenney's riding in Calgary SE.

Remember that he promised fast path to PR ................BEFORE ELECTION !!!!!!

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I'm in Vancouver!!! Who is with me? We need a lot of people to close Georgia street and ask for our right!!! Live in caregiver program is 24 months and not 40 months....She signed up for a program to help us and help moms around Canada, but we ever never signed for slave life.

They do not understand that we do not have choice!!! We have a family, we have goals and we are tight with it.

If they can't assess our application in a human time they should let us know before hand....

Let's strike together!!!!

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
better..Let's open a account in the facebook, then everybody sign in...I believe we could be seeing better this way...
I will do it now...Nanny on strike.

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sarah cunanan thank you for the info.. i am located in vancouver...

i don't know know why is it so hard for them to issue a work permit for us, what all i am asking is a work permit so i can work legally...there are very few employer who are willing to sponsor and to pay extra to hire a nanny....

if they want to delay issuing PR i can't do something about it, but atleast gives us OWP soonest so we can work, depriving us of work is not so fair...