+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live in caregiver - open work permit and re-entry visa

dunga

Mar 26, 2013
hello, this is my first post here, please don't mind my mistakes if any.

here is a situation:

I have received an open work permit.
At the top it states: does not authorize re-entry
at the bottom it states: pending PR application
employer: just empty (is this an open work permit?)
the permit is valid till 2017

my passport visa states that i can re-enter Canada till aug 2013.

please let me know the following:

1. Can i apply for the re-entry visa so that it will be transferred to my passport?

2. will my application for re-entry be refused? since i applied for Pr under live in caregiver program?

3. If i get the re-entry multiple visa to Canada -will i be allowed back to Canada if i leave in december and come back in two weeks?

lilyby

Apr 12, 2013
Hi,

As far as I know, employer with blank on permit is a correct open permit. Good for you.

If you don't mind, Can i ask you how long it took to get open permit since you applied?

You are the one who recently got open permit and I'm still waiting.. (I work in vancouver,bc)

People say around 2 months but CIC say around 4 months.. I hope 2 months.. this end of april will be 2 months..

Sorry for not being your help of other questions.

And can anybody who received open work permit or seen someone get within 1~2 months recently, share how long it takes?

I do want to know the processing time of open work permit.

Thank you.

manang1

Apr 13, 2013
Hi Just want to ask, did you get police clearance here in Canada? I just finish my LIC program and about to submit my application for OWP/PR. Just need your help. thank

Goodluck to both of you.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
hi dunga,
the last time i went for a vacation, i called canada border services agency...they told me that the phrase "does not authorize re-entry" means that your work permit alone is not sufficient for re-entry in canada (just in case you go out of the country)...it should go together with your trv...so if your wp is valid and your trv is expired, or the other way around, then you cannot re-enter canada. therefore, your trv (must be multiple entry) and your wp must be valid upon return to canada...hope this helps...c",)

tragicgoddess

Oct 16, 2013
hi i just want to ask how many months before your lic program expires that you have to apply for pr and open work..lets say my 2 years will expire august 1 so can i apply for opw and pr as early as april or may this year or i have to apply a day before august 1? thank you

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
tragicgoddess said:
hi i just want to ask how many months before your lic program expires that you have to apply for pr and open work..lets say my 2 years will expire august 1 so can i apply for opw and pr as early as april or may this year or i have to apply a day before august 1? thank you
Hi.
You need t work as a LIC for 24months(2years) to be eligible to apply for PR. Once you have worked full-time for 24months, you can then apply for PR. So you would want to count from the day you started working.
I hope this helps.
Cheers