+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in caregiver interview expereinces???/

omollo

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went for an interview at the Buffalo C.C - the officer never told me if I passed or failed all she gave me was the medical papers to get my medicals done-
when i asked she said once medicals are rcvd we will get back to you- anyone with same experience please advise
thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
omollo said:
I went for an interview at the Buffalo C.C - the officer never told me if I passed or failed all she gave me was the medical papers to get my medicals done-
when i asked she said once medicals are rcvd we will get back to you- anyone with same experience please advise
thank you
You're good to go :) After the interview with the visa officer, they hand you the medical instructions. Barring medical inadmissibility your next step would be PPR.

kajjal

Jan 19, 2010
Hi omollo. If u don't mind can u tell what type of questions they asked in u r interview.and how long the interview took.I m also waiting for medical. Good luck

omollo

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My interview took 25minutes at most - the officer asked questions based on what I put on my application - so just be truthful and you do not need to worry about the interview - also make sure you have all your originals as she asked to see the originals - I applied for caregiver - so she asked me a few first aid questions- what if a child drinks something under the sink with no lable on it- what if the child chokes and the parent are out of town - common sense questions-
the other thing is why do I think Canada will be a good country for me to work in?
I was not prepared for this one but I just had to think fast and cooked up a few things like - healthcare- also I read about Canada being the most peacful country in the world - was voted by UN- the officer was impressed with this - she had read the same story online - so hey go for it - it is worthy it!- good luck to everyone and always put God first he will lead the way for you!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
omollo said:
My interview took 25minutes at most - the officer asked questions based on what I put on my application - so just be truthful and you do not need to worry about the interview - also make sure you have all your originals as she asked to see the originals - I applied for caregiver - so she asked me a few first aid questions- what if a child drinks something under the sink with no lable on it- what if the child chokes and the parent are out of town - common sense questions-
the other thing is why do I think Canada will be a good country for me to work in?
I was not prepared for this one but I just had to think fast and cooked up a few things like - healthcare- also I read about Canada being the most peacful country in the world - was voted by UN- the officer was impressed with this - she had read the same story online - so hey go for it - it is worthy it!- good luck to everyone and always put God first he will lead the way for you!
Hi,

How did you find your employer? (hope it's not too personal to ask)

omollo

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greataupair.com
It is worldwide; this website is free for job seekers
check it out - and please do not pay any money or communicate with anyone who asks for money or personal info like PP
so be careful there are a lot of scams going on

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
omollo said:
greataupair.com
It is worldwide; this website is free for job seekers
check it out - and please do not pay any money or communicate with anyone who asks for money or personal info like PP
so be careful there are a lot of scams going on
Thanks so much. I was sending you a personal message but your inbox is full. How long did the entire process take you (from application to receiving the LMO)?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry I had sent you the response I made earlier (before you answered my query). Yes. LMO is 6 weeks, advertising for the job is two weeks. Anyway, the processing of your application was really fast!!!! Thanks for the info.

omollo

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For some reason the employer said he had to advertise for 6 weeks- but after he called me to say he had filed paper work for LMO - it only took 3 weeks - and there was + LMO- wonderful!

so I guess it was a really fast process- I think if you follow the correct procedure and a little research, with some good luck charm from above ( God) - lol! ha-ha it can be fast