+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver for vacation with one month valid work permit

GyannahAntoine

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Help please! I am a live-in caregiver and my work permit will expire this June 25,2016. I'll be going home for a month vacation to the Philippines and will be back on May 17. I phoned CIC that this will not be a problem as long as I can show the officer on the port of entry in Vancouver that I have applied for a work permit extension. But a friend told me that I should have atleast 6months valid work permit on my return to Canada. Is anyone else here on the same situation as mine? Sad part is I already have a ticket. PLEASE HELP and SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW. MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU!

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
GyannahAntoine said:
Help please! I am a live-in caregiver and my work permit will expire this June 25,2016. I'll be going home for a month vacation to the Philippines and will be back on May 17. I phoned CIC that this will not be a problem as long as I can show the officer on the port of entry in Vancouver that I have applied for a work permit extension. But a friend told me that I should have atleast 6months valid work permit on my return to Canada. Is anyone else here on the same situation as mine? Sad part is I already have a ticket. PLEASE HELP and SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW. MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU!
Thats not true.. As long as valid ang visa and wp mo, ur good to go. Just bring an employment letter, and proof na nag apply kna for extension. And you called CIC already, mas alam nila yun kesa sa hearsay...

Jmjsalcedo

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
28-12-2012
Med's Request
01-2014
Med's Done....
02-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-2014
LANDED..........
21-07-2014
GyannahAntoine said:

Hi.. Youre good to go then. As long as valid everything... Make sure youll bring all your documents including employers letter stating theyre allowing you to take ur vacay and they need you back on this date...
Back etc etc...

Amorpowers

Feb 26, 2016
Clarification of staying same employer

Hello would like to ask about policy regarding staying on same employer while your owp and pr is on the process?
Im wondering if ever you completed 24 months requirment for PR application.
And received your OWP, do you still need to stay in same employer even you already completed the 24 months requirment and you haven't received your PR result?
Can you resign to your current employer and look for another job?

Thank you

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Re: Clarification of staying same employer

Amorpowers said:
Hello would like to ask about policy regarding staying on same employer while your owp and pr is on the process?
Im wondering if ever you completed 24 months requirment for PR application.
And received your OWP, do you still need to stay in same employer even you already completed the 24 months requirment and you haven't received your PR result?
Can you resign to your current employer and look for another job?

Thank you
Once you received your open work permit you can look for another job. Any type of job.

Amorpowers

Feb 26, 2016
So you mean i can resign to my current employer and look for any job as long as i got my owp.
Even my PR is in the process??

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Amorpowers said:
So you mean i can resign to my current employer and look for any job as long as i got my owp.
Even my PR is in the process??

Yes you can resign. FYI, you need to inform CIC when there is any chNges to your information, such as address when you move out.

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Dimi2015 said:
Yes you can resign. FYI, you need to inform CIC when there is any chNges to your information, such as address when you move out.

Hello @Dimi2015

I can relate to this post.
How can I inform cic? Is it via phonecall or letter? If written, do you know which address to send?
Do i need to write a resignation letter to my employer?
Thank you!