+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-In Caregiver Contract

Andrea4412

May 12, 2012
Hi There,

I am trying to complete my live-In caregiver contract for my nanny and I am stuck on a few questions.

This contract shall have a duration of _______months from the date the EMPLOYEE assumes his/her functions.
Anticipated start date ________ (she is a foreign worker already here in Canada looking for a new employer so when would the start date be? and how long does the contract have to be? Is 12 months okay?)

The EMPLOYEE shall work______hours per week. (is 44 hours acceptable)

The EMPLOYEE's workday shall begin at_____and end at______, or if the schedule varies by day, specify work hours: (I work from home so can I put in this field "I work from home, the schedule varies day to day" or will this be rejected? It's true, if it is rejected is there another way to say this?)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to______minutes for each meal break. ____paid or ____unpaid (I have no idea what the requirement for this is)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to_____number of health breaks of_____minutes. ____paid or _____unpaid (again I have no idea what the requirement for this is)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to______day(s) off per week, on_____. (2 days every 5 work days? I am a realtor so the 2 days need to be flexible, most often it would be Saturday and Sunday but sometimes the days off will have to be during the weekdays, next to on_____ can I say flexible or varies week to week?)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to____days of paid vacation per year. The schedule shall be confirmed by the EMPLOYER and the EMPLOYEE at least_____weeks in advance of the proposed date. (again I have no idea what the requirements are but I do know I would probably need 3 months (12 weeks) notice, is that unreasonable?)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to_____days of sick leave per year. ____paid or ____unpaid (again no idea what the requirement for this is)

Should he/she wish to terminate the present contract, the EMPLOYEE agrees to give the EMPLOYER written notice thereof at_____weeks in advance. The parties agree to abide by provincial/territorial labour/employment standards regarding least written notice of resignation (no idea what the but 4 months is what I would like to put)

The EMPLOYER must give written notice before terminating the contract of the EMPLOYEE. This notice shall be given at least_____weeks in advance. The parties agree to abide by provincial/territorial labour/employment standards regarding written notice of termination of employment. (I don't know what to put and I'm okay putting what is required unless something happens that would prompt for immediate dismissal)

I'm sorry if I seem hopeless but I'm struggling with this, help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Russian Nanny

May 23, 2012
Andrea4412 said:
Hi There,

I am trying to complete my live-In caregiver contract for my nanny and I am stuck on a few questions.

This contract shall have a duration of _____24 __months from the date the EMPLOYEE assumes his/her functions.
Anticipated start date ___when do you want her to start? _____ (she is a foreign worker already here in Canada looking for a new employer so when would the start date be? and how long does the contract have to be? Is 12 months okay?- yes- mine is 24 and no problems)

The EMPLOYEE shall work______hours per week. (is 44 hours acceptable- yes)

The EMPLOYEE's workday shall begin at_____and end at______, or if the schedule varies by day, specify work hours: (I work from home so can I put in this field "I work from home, the schedule varies day to day" or will this be rejected? It's true, if it is rejected is there another way to say this? Write from 8 till 5 and mentionn that the schedule may vary and your naanny will be iformed prior to the changes.)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to______minutes for each meal break. ____paid or ____unpaid (I have no idea what the requirement for this is- it varies due to the provincial standards and you can decide whether to pay her or not- but read provicial labour code first or consult HR)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to_____number of health breaks of_____minutes. ____paid or _____unpaid (again I have no idea what the requirement for this is- this is also in Provincial Labour COde)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to______day(s) off per week, on_____. (2 days every 5 work days? I am a realtor so the 2 days need to be flexible, most often it would be Saturday and Sunday but sometimes the days off will have to be during the weekdays, next to on_____ can I say flexible or varies week to week? Just say 2 days a week)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to____days of paid vacation per year. The schedule shall be confirmed by the EMPLOYER and the EMPLOYEE at least_____weeks in advance of the proposed date. (again I have no idea what the requirements are but I do know I would probably need 3 months (12 weeks) notice, is that unreasonable?- make it two months)

The EMPLOYEE shall be entitled to_____days of sick leave per year. ____paid or ____unpaid (again no idea what the requirement for this is- mine is 5 paid sick days a year)

Should he/she wish to terminate the present contract, the EMPLOYEE agrees to give the EMPLOYER written notice thereof at_____weeks in advance. The parties agree to abide by provincial/territorial labour/employment standards regarding least written notice of resignation (no idea what the but 4 months is what I would like to put- 4 weeks in advance)

The EMPLOYER must give written notice before terminating the contract of the EMPLOYEE. This notice shall be given at least_____weeks in advance. The parties agree to abide by provincial/territorial labour/employment standards regarding written notice of termination of employment. (I don't know what to put and I'm okay putting what is required unless something happens that would prompt for immediate dismissal- 4 weeks in advance if she is laid off or immmediate termination for NASTY things :))

I'm sorry if I seem hopeless but I'm struggling with this, help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe you could try to Google Live-in Caregiver employer requirements, or something like that. It must tell you somewhere what is expected of the employer. Good luck!