+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver Application for INITIAL WORK PERMIT IN BUFFALO

caregiverCA

Mar 3, 2012
I came to Canada last 2008 and i'm about to reach my 4 years. Unfortunately, I didn't meet the 24 months requirements to apply for permanent residence. Thus, I want to start the Live-in Caregiver Program all over again. The Immigration told me that I can apply for initial work permit in Buffalo.. I intend to apply for initial work permit and temporary resident visa at the same time. My visa is expired and my current employer with work permit has passed away. Right now i found a new employer who will sponsor me and has obtained a positive labour market opinion already. If I apply for a new trv, am I required to provide a current work permit? Or will the new contract and lmo are accepted as proof of employment? Please help me on how to get a visa and initial Live-in caregiver work permit in Buffalo. URGENT!!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You would have to start with "Applying for a Work Permit Outside Canada".

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

Note the visa office document requirements too when you send you application.

caregiverCA said:
I came to Canada last 2008 and i'm about to reach my 4 years. Unfortunately, I didn't meet the 24 months requirements to apply for permanent residence. Thus, I want to start the Live-in Caregiver Program all over again. The Immigration told me that I can apply for initial work permit in Buffalo.. I intend to apply for initial work permit and temporary resident visa at the same time. My visa is expired and my current employer with work permit has passed away. Right now i found a new employer who will sponsor me and has obtained a positive labour market opinion already. If I apply for a new trv, am I required to provide a current work permit? Or will the new contract and lmo are accepted as proof of employment? Please help me on how to get a visa and initial Live-in caregiver work permit in Buffalo. URGENT!!!