+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver and visit while waiting for Visa

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
I have a family who is waiting for a caregiver from Nepal. The wait time is apparently 28 months or so. Employer is wondering if the caregiver would be able to "visit" in Canada while waiting for the visa in Nepal and then go back to Nepal to pick it up when it is ready. I have expalined that the caregiver would not be able to work as she will not have her work permit and the employer has assured me that she will oly be getting to know her kids..yeah right .. but I was just wondering how this would work so I know what to tell her.. I have told her that it is not possible but I am really not sure how it works.
Anyone know?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

EmilyMarie said:
I have a family who is waiting for a caregiver from Nepal. The wait time is apparently 28 months or so. Employer is wondering if the caregiver would be able to "visit" in Canada while waiting for the visa in Nepal and then go back to Nepal to pick it up when it is ready. I have expalined that the caregiver would not be able to work as she will not have her work permit and the employer has assured me that she will oly be getting to know her kids..yeah right .. but I was just wondering how this would work so I know what to tell her.. I have told her that it is not possible but I am really not sure how it works.
Anyone know?
Thanks
Not a chance in H**L of Delhi issuing a TRV, you might think them crazy, but they aren't stupid.

PMM