+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIVE IN CARE GIVER APPLIED FOR PR -AFTER MEDICAL

Lollipop

Oct 19, 2009
Hi..is anyone knows what is normal time to wait before obtaining PR status after medical has been completed under live in care giver program!
My medical was completed and sent in May 2009 and I my application status is still "in process"!!
Is it normal to wait this long because i know 2 other caregivers that got their PR 4 months after medical!!
Thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lollipop said:
Hi..is anyone knows what is normal time to wait before obtaining PR status after medical has been completed under live in care giver program!
My medical was completed and sent in May 2009 and I my application status is still "in process"!!
Is it normal to wait this long because i know 2 other caregivers that got their PR 4 months after medical!!
Thanks!!
Current processing time is 7/8 month from when you submitted the application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res

PMM

Lollipop

Oct 19, 2009
Hi PMM..Thank you for your reply.But what you just said 7-8 months is considering 1 st stage approval that I already went through.I got my first stage approval after 6 months and then I did medical.Now its been 5 1/2 months that CIC got my medical and background check and I am still not getting response from them and it makes me little worried!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lollipop said:
Hi PMM..Thank you for your reply.But what you just said 7-8 months is considering 1 st stage approval that I already went through.I got my first stage approval after 6 months and then I did medical.Now its been 5 1/2 months that CIC got my medical and background check and I am still not getting response from them and it makes me little worried!!
Seems like an awfully long time to me, so I would suggest that you order your FOSS notes to find out what the problem is.

See:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

PMM

Lollipop

Oct 19, 2009
PMM Thank you very much for this info! I think I might order FOSS even though I called CIC this morning and they said I have to wait untill medical,background and criminal check has been done!Wait wait and wait.. for how long..another year? This is nothing but a nerve wrecking for those that wait!!:-(((