+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Listing car in goods to follow.

Mar 7, 2020
I still have pending loan on my car . But I am just doing soft landing so planning to bring it probably a year later by that time I will have loan cleared on it. So my question is can I declare my car with outstanding loan in gooda to follow ? And bring it with clear title later ?

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Yes, you can list it in the GTF and continue paying off loan before actual move, that is when you need to have loan payed off,.

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
You will not need NoC from Bank/Credit Union until the day of importing the car. Declaring the car on landing will not require any proof,

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
You will not need NoC from Bank/Credit Union until the day of importing the car. Declaring the car on landing will not require any proof,
Hi, I am on the same page as well. Can we not import our car with an outstanding loan here in US. In that case is selling off car here and moving is a good idea. Please let me know your inputs

Thanks,
Anvesh.

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi, I am on the same page as well. Can we not import our car with an outstanding loan here in US. In that case is selling off car here and moving is a good idea. Please let me know your inputs

Thanks,
Anvesh.
Yes, no outstanding loan.

If its a new car or a luxury car, import is worth in terms of saving tax.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I have a similar question, can I declare my car in goods to follow (since I plan to import it at a later time once loan is paid off) but drive that same car across the border for my landing process?

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
If you mean using the same car for landing purposes ? Yes I did that - no question asked,

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
If you mean using the same car for landing purposes ? Yes I did that - no question asked,
Yes, that's what I meant : the car that I will be driving for landing purposes, I will list in "good to follow" since the car has a loan on it, so not ready to import yet.

Is that what you did? Its awesome if can do that, would hate to have to rent a car just for this landing.